FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — May 19, 2017
Vancouver, Wash. – On May 10, at its 77th Annual Conference and Membership Meeting in Sunriver, Ore., Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA) presented the following awards to individuals within the public power community.
- Homer T. Bone Award: This award honors a state or federal legislator (elected official) who has demonstrated sustained and remarkable work on behalf of public power.
- Paul J. Raver Community Service Award: This award honors an individual or company who has demonstrated superior leadership in the betterment of cities, states, or regions.
- NWPPA President’s Award: This award honors outstanding service and work on behalf of the industry and the Association.
- John M. George Public Service Award: This award honors policymaking officers of a member system that have demonstrated remarkable service to public power.
- William “Bill” McCorie Distinguished Service Award: This award honors individuals who have served the interest of public power and NWPPA in an outstanding manner.
- Life Membership Award: This award is presented to policymakers and managers who are retiring from member utilities and have made notable contributions to the Association and public power.
- Congratulations to this year’s award winners. Their work on behalf of the membership and the industry is greatly appreciated!