REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION SERVICES 2019-2020
Issued: July 22, 2019
Response Deadline: 12:00 PM August 26, 2019
Responses after this time will not be considered.
Northern Wasco County People's Utility District (hereinafter called "District") issues this Request for Proposals soliciting Transmission and Distribution Services 2019-2020. The contract solicitation will be for one (1) year with the option to renew annually for a maximum of (3) three years. It is anticipated that the contract will commence on or about November 1, 2019.
Project Description and Scope of Work
The work associated with the Project is located in or near the towns of The Dalles, Dufur, and Tygh Valley within Wasco County, Oregon.
The scope of work may include but is not limited to:
System maintenance projects may be assigned to the contractor under the Services agreement with an up to and not to exceed pre-determined dollar value as determined by District Policy and may include, but are not limited to:
1.) Rebuilding and replacing system circuits, structures, and equipment with the intent to maintain system capacity and operating capability and to fulfill the District's obligation to serve existing customers and load.
2.) Maintenance of aging system circuits, structures, and equipment may include replacement with material of new and current technologies.
3.) System improvement projects funded by customer CIAC which do not involve District funds are eligible to be assigned to the contractor under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
In the event that the District has work involving restoration of service or other actions necessary to preserve the safety, integrity or reliability of the District electric system, resulting from but not limited to weather events, wild fire, natural disaster, traffic accidents, electrical system collapse, work can be assigned to the contract line crew under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
Assignments to perform tasks such as meter reading, disconnects and reconnects, street light maintenance, customer trouble calls, electrician assists, substation and circuit switching, substation inspections, after hours call-outs for customer issues, vegetation management, pole inspections and State of Oregon Public Utility Commission compliance corrections are essential functions and may be assigned to the contractor under the labor and equipment agreement with the District.
In the event that the District has the need for an on-call lineman/linemen and equipment to cover after hours, weekends and holidays, the successful contractor will negotiate a standby rate to be indicated in the contract and activated at the District’s request.
The successful contractor will be expected to: Provide labor and equipment deemed necessary by the District upon request to accomplish the Scope of Work in the time frames established by the District.
Proposal Contents Summary
In summary, each proposal must meet all of the following to be considered for acceptance by the District:
• Provide a copy of the Contractor’s cost and payment schedule.
• Outline the Contractor’s relevant experience in the last two years.
• Provide a list of previous clients that may be used as references.
• Include the name, address, and telephone number of the primary person from the Contractor who will coordinate the construction services with the District.
• Provide a comprehensive description to providing day to day and emergency services to help the District meet their obligation to serve.
• See Evaluation Criteria below and include necessary items to determine scoring and evaluation of Contractor.
Experience and Qualifications
Demonstration of proposed project team members:
• Qualifications to perform work in applicable discipline(s).
• Knowledge of technical criteria and administrative requirements for projects of similar scope.
• Current and projected workload of each proposed project personnel and proportion of time available for this contract.
Demonstration of Contractor’s:
• Qualifications to perform work in applicable disciplines.
• Past performance in completing projects of similar size and scope.
• Demonstration of past experience in providing maintenance services to governmental agencies in the electric industry by both the Contractor and the project team.
• Demonstration of successful, safe past experience in providing construction and maintenance services to the District or other similar utilities.
Availability and Commitment of Resources
• Proposed Staff for project
• Resource Availability
• Demonstrate proof of available labor and equipment upon the District’s request to perform the Scope of Work
Demonstration of the Contractor’s ability to commit the resources required to complete the project within the established time frames, including responsiveness to specific project technical requirements.
District staff will evaluate all the proposals based on the criteria listed above to determine the competitiveness of the Contractor. The District’s staff may also request clarifications or additional information, if needed. A selection may be based on any combination of the Evaluation Criteria, references and interviews. The District’s Contract Review Board will review staff’s selection and make the determination whether to authorize staff to execute the contract with the selected bidder.
The District reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality or technicality in any proposal in the interest of the District.
Factors, such as, but not limited to, any of the following, may disqualify bids without further consideration:
• Evidence of collusion, directly or indirectly, among contractors in regard to the amount, terms or conditions of this Request for Proposal;
• Any attempt to improperly influence any member of the evaluation team;
• Existence of any lawsuit, unresolved contractual claim or dispute between contractor and the
• Evidence of incorrect information submitted as part of the proposal;
• Evidence of the contractor’s inability to successfully complete the responsibilities and obligations described in the solicitation; and
• Contractor’s default under any previous agreement with the District.
Submit questions via email to:
NWCPUD will not host a pre-proposal meeting.
Contractors submitting bids are required to either mail or hand-deliver two (2) bound hardcopies and one (1) USB or similar electronic copy addressed to “Northern Wasco County PUD, c/o Patrick Morehart 2019-2020 Transmission and Distribution Services at 2345 River Road, The Dalles, OR 97058, no later than August 26, 2019 12:00 PM The entire submittal shall be of a sealed type. Submissions after that time will not be opened. The District may reject any or all Bids submissions if the District deems doing so would be in the public’s interest.
Once a submittal is selected, the District will determine if they desire to enter into negotiations for a final Contract with the most competitive and qualified bidder. Final project related matters will be negotiated during this period to the satisfaction of the District. Any entity responding to this solicitation shall do so at its sole expense.
This solicitation is being conducted pursuant to procedures set forth in the District’s Procurement Policies; the Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapter 279B Public Contracting - Public Procurements; and OAR 137-047.