REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PROFESSIONAL JANITORIAL SERVICES
PEND OREILLE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County (the District), is seeking bids for a vendor to provide professional janitorial services.
The purpose and scope of this contract is to obtain janitorial services for facilities owned by the District, specifically, the District’s Administration Building and Warehouse/Line & Tree Crew Headquarters in Newport, Washington. The work will be performed under the direction of the Director of Customer Service or other designated District personnel. The work will be done under a written contract in a form acceptable to the District. The District shall be the exclusive judge of all proposal and reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal based upon its own criteria and sole judgment.
Scope of Work
A detailed Scope of Work can be viewed and/or downloaded through the Districts online contracting portal, ProcureWare, at https://popud.procureware.com. In order to be eligible to bid and ensure notification of addenda, bidders must register through ProcureWare.
At a minimum, each bid must be accompanied by the following:
- Resume and introduction of your company that includes a summary of the organization, years in business and any other pertinent information including:
- Identifying the qualified, knowledgeable contact person who will be the point person for the entire project.
- A provided statement of the company’s commitment that the identified individual(s) will be involved throughout the entire project and must address, at a minimum, the organizational strength and stability of the responding firm.
- Provide documentation of the company’s capability and commercial experience which includes:
- Demonstration of the company’s ability to perform the indicated services.
- Description of previous work.
- A detailed description of the company’s approach in providing the services as outlined in the Statement of Work including timelines and scheduling.
- References from up to three clients.
- List and resumes of proposed personnel that will be on site.
The State of Washington prevailing wage rates are applicable for this contract located in Pend Oreille County. Bidders are responsible to verify and use the most recent prevailing wage rates. The applicable prevailing wage rates may be found on the Department of Labor and Industries website located at https://fortress.wa.gov/lni/wagelookup/prvWagelookup.aspx
A fidelity bond will be required with the contract.
All contractors must comply with State of Washington and CDC Guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
The contract term will be for one year. The District shall have an option to renew the Contract on the same terms for future years. The parties to the Contract acknowledge that no separate consideration is required to support the District’s option to renew. Ninety (90) days prior to expiration of the initial term, the District shall indicate by issuance of an amendment its exercise of the option to extend the Contract for additional one-year periods, not to exceed a total of three years.
- Proposals must be submitted no later than August 11, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Submittals received after the above date and time for any reason will not be considered.
- Proposals must be submitted using ProcureWare.
- Questions related to this submittal must be sent via ProcureWare. Responses to these questions will be made available to all bidders via ProcureWare.
- Questions must be submitted no later than August 6, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
- A Mandatory Pre-Bid Walk-Through will begin at the District’s Administration Building at 130 N. Washington, Newport, WA on August 4, 2020 at 5:15 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Participants will be required to follow State of Washington and CDC Guidelines with respect to COVID-19.
Evaluation of the RFP
The District will evaluate each submitted proposal for completeness to the RFP. Submittals that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. The District reserves the right to reject all submittals and modify or withdraw the RFP. The District will award the contract to the most qualified bidder based upon the factors identified below. The District will engage the respondent with the highest scoring response to discuss a service agreement. Should the District fail to secure an agreement with the selected entity, the District may elect to pursue an agreement with the next highest scoring entity.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following:
- Past performance – the degree to which past performance evaluations and all other past performance information reviewed (i.e., performance recognition documents and information obtained for any other source) reflect a trend of satisfactory and/or an outstanding level of performance, considering:
- Successful completion of tasks
- Timely product delivery
- Quality products and services
- Cooperativeness and teamwork
- Compliance with state prevailing wage laws, safety regulations, and other applicable standards
- Commercial experience – the responding institution will be evaluated in order to determine if its company has demonstrated the necessary commercial experience to meet District’s needs.
- Project approach & performance differentiators – the respondent may be rated higher during evaluations if their proposal meets and/or exceeds the following items:
- Capability to provide products
- Provide supplies, product
- Timely response to requests for onsite support
- Capacity – the respondent will be evaluated to determine if their proposal has sufficient capacity to meet scheduling and timelines.
Each response to this Request for Proposal will be subject to the same review and assessment process. Submittals will be evaluated on the basis of the Proposal’s technical capability and experience.
The District reserves the right to cancel this bid at any time, or issue amendments or corrections. The District reserves the right to award this contract, or to not award this contract. Women’s, minority, and small business enterprises are encouraged to apply. The District is an equal opportunity employer.