REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
PEND OREILLE PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT
Public Utility District No. 1 of Pend Oreille County (the District), is issuing a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for a qualified electrical engineering consultant or firm.
Purpose & Scope
The consultant or firm shall provide electrical engineering services for the District, which may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Electrical fault protection system engineering studies;
- Design and implementation for new protection system schemes;
- Engineering services in support of medium and high voltage electrical equipment typically found in generating facilities;
- Oversee and evaluate electrical testing of the District’s hydro generators, as well as assist with performance testing and studies;
- Provide project specification development and review;
- Perform electrical safety studies consistent with current codes and standards;
- Assist the district in meeting applicable NERC requirements; and
- Perform special studies, evaluations, analyses, and other technical services as may be required.
Respondents must be registered Professional Engineers in Electrical Engineering (Civil and Structural Engineering and possess Professional Land Surveyor registration as necessary) in the State of Washington.
At a minimum, the response must include the following:
- Resume and introduction of your company that includes a summary of the organization, years in business and any other pertinent information;
- Identification of similar projects on which your company has provided electrical engineering services;
- References for similar projects from up to three clients;
- List and resumes of proposed personnel that will be working with the District; and
- A copy of your safety plan including any COVID-19 specific requirements.
Pricing/rates are to be excluded from the RFQ as this is a qualifications-based selection process that does not look at pricing/rates.
The respondent to whom this is awarded to shall maintain at its own expense, and provide copies to the District upon demand, the following insurance policies, with the District named as an additional insured:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance on an occurrence basis with single limit of not less than $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 annual aggregate; and
- Professional Liability Insurance on an occurrence basis with single limit of not less than $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 annual aggregate; and
- Automobile liability insurance on an occurrence basis of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit or equivalent for both injury and property damages as a result of any one occurrence, including coverage for owned, hired, and non-owned automobiles.
- Proposals must be submitted using ProcureWare, the Districts online contracting portal, at popud.procureware.com no later than November 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. PST. Submittals received after the above date and time for any reason will not be considered.
- Questions related to this RFQ must be submitted by way of ProcureWare no later than October 15, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. PST. Responses to these questions will be made available to all bidders via ProcureWare.
Evaluation of the RFQ
The District will evaluate each submittal for completeness to the RFQ. Submittals that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. The District reserves the right to reject all submittals and modify or withdraw the RFQ The District will award the contract to the most qualified respondent based upon the factors identified below. The District will engage the respondent with the highest scoring response to discuss a service agreement. Should the District fail to secure an agreement with the selected entity, the District may elect to pursue an agreement with the next highest scoring entity.
Respondents will be evaluated based on the following:
- Company experience
- Qualifications of the individual(s) to be assigned to the project
- Familiarity in working with the District and/or other Public Utility Districts
- Demonstrated knowledge
- Expertise in performing similar projects
The District reserves the right to cancel this RFQ at any time, or issue amendments or corrections. The District reserves the right to award this contract, or to not award this contract. Women’s, minority, and small business enterprises are encouraged to apply. The District is an equal opportunity employer.