November 5, 2018
Request for Qualified Professional Services Consultant
Develop relicensing plan for two FERC licensed hydroelectric projects
Idaho Falls Power is soliciting qualifications from consultants with applicable experience to assist Idaho Falls Power in developing a relicensing plan:
Idaho Falls Power (IFP) is a municipal electric utility, which owns and operates two FERC licensed hydroelectric projects; the Idaho Falls Project P-2842 (licensed to 2029) and the Gem State Project P-2952 (licensed to 2033). IFP intends to make application for both projects at the same time and will need assistance in understanding the process and developing a long range plan and budget for the relicense application. This plan is intended to be a look-ahead and a one time document answering questions posed by IFP in addition to the consultant outlining activities and budgets specific to relicensing the two projects listed. This effort is not intended to encompass longer term consulting services in the run up to the development of the relicensing application.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Develop a relicensing plan that will list the studies or other activities IFP will need to understand that comport to the FERC relicensing guidance.
- Develop an outline or Gannt Chart or other timeline of those activities, studies, outreach, or other items required.
- Develop anticipated annual budgets in each of the years as best as can be identified.
- Identify issues surrounding the combination of relicensing the two projects at the same time.
- Develop a SWOT analysis for IFP specific to the Projects.
- Educate and aid IFP in understanding unknowns to the process by participating in phone conference discusssions or on-site meetings.
- Make recommendations related to approach, e.g. integrated process, and resources such as professional services to be acquired by IFP.
- Educating IFP as to the relicensing process.
- Answering questions in several phone confences or on-site meetings.
- A written plan that acts as a guide for IFP to follow in the preparing for application for relicensing the projects.
- Understand the FERC relicensing process.
- Demonstrate experience in relicensing of FERC licensed hydroelectric projects.
- Competence in the design and construction of dams similar to the Idaho Falls Hydroelectric Project and Gem State Hydroelectric Electric Project.
- Competence in understanding FERC Dam Safety processes and the interaction of those processes in relicensing such as the development of Potential Failure Modes (PFMs) and Potential Failure Modes Analysis (PFMA).
- Competence in understanding environmental, recreational and community issues relating to FERC licensed hydroelectric projects.
- References with contact information of prior clients in FERC relicensing.
PROPOSED PROJECT SCHEDULE
- Statement of Qualifications due: February 1, 2019
- Selection and negotiation: February 15, 2019
- Introductory call: March 7, 2019
- Relicensing report draft: June 1, 2019
- Discuss Draft with IFP: June 15, 2019
- Final Draft: July 1, 2019
STATEMENT of QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
Statement of Qualification shall be limited to ten (10) single-sided pages (8½x11) with minimum 12-pt font and 1” margins. 11x17 size pages are allowed but shall each count as two (2) pages. Front and back covers and cover letter are permitted and will not count toward the 10-page limit. Detailed resumes of the proposed key personnel may be included in the appendix and will not count toward the 10-page limit. Examples of time lines or Gannt Charts will not be counted towards the 10 page limit. Any other information added to the appendix will count toward the 10-page limit. Idaho Falls Power reserves the right to penalize or reject (at its sole discretion) any proposal which doesn’t meet the criteria requirements.
Statement of qualifications shall contain and will be rated on, as a minimum, the following three sections of information:
- CONSULTANT’S history and capabilities (45%)
- Examples of specific experience related to the relicensing of FERC hydroelectric project facilities.
- Consultant’ years of experience as it relates to the engineering design or operation of FERC hydroelectric projects.
- CONSULTANt’S QUALIFICATIONS AND Experience WITH PROJECTS OF SIMILAR SIZE AND SCOPE (45%)
- Consultant’s experience with relicensing of composite dams or facilities similar in construction to the projects owned and operated by Idaho Falls Power.
- Consultant’s educational and relevant qualifications and certifications.
- CONSULTANT’S ABILITY TO MEET project DEADLINES (10%)
- Quality, clarity and timeliness of reports
- Estimate of time it will take to perform necessary work
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Three (3) copies of the proposal must be received no later than 3 o’clock pm MST on February 1, 2019 at:
Idaho Falls Power
140 So. Capital Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Idaho Falls Power
Attention: Richard Malloy
P.O. Box 50220
Idaho Falls, ID 83405
Digital Copies (PDFs):
Digital copies can be emailed to email@example.com and must be received no later than 3 o’clock pm MST on February 1, 2019.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
Questions regarding the project may be directed to:
P.O. Box 50220
140 So. Capital Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83405.
All costs related to the preparation of the proposal, interview (if required), or any other related activity are the sole responsibility of the proposer. No reimbursement will be made by the City of Idaho Falls for costs incurred by the proposer prior to a formal notice to proceed and executed contract.
Upon delivery, all work product, including without limitation, all writings, drawings, plans, reports, specifications, calculations, documents, other materials and copyright interests developed for this proposal shall be and remain the exclusive property of the City without restriction or limitation upon their use. Proposer agrees that all copyrights which arise from creation of the work pursuant to this proposal shall be vested in the City, and proposer waives and relinquishes all claims to copyright or other intellectual property rights in favor of the City.