NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
FOR DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND COMMISSIONING
OF A NEW SUBSTATION
Issued: February 8, 2016
Response Deadline: 5 P.M. Pacific Time on March 7, 2016
Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District (“NWCPUD”) seeks to engage an engineering consultant to design, procure materials for, construct and commission a new substation in the North Industrial Area of its service area (“NIA Substation” and also referred to herein as the “Project”). The term “Services” refers to any Architectural, Engineering, Photogrammetric Mapping, Transportation Planning or Land Surveying Services or Related Services necessary to complete the Project. This document describes the Project, process and content for responses to this Request for Proposals (“RFP”).
The Services may include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Site assessments and permitting
- Providing procurement specifications, bid documents, evaluation and recommendation for the power transformers
- Design of all aspects of the substation
- Procurement of substation components
- Construction management
- Project Commissioning
The approximate configuration of the Project is as follows:
- 2 x 20/27/33 MVA step-down power transformers
- 115 kV primary fed from Chenoweth-Harvey circuits #1 and #2
- 115 kV primary main-tie-main bus configuration
- 5 kV secondary with LTC tap range to reach 13.8 kV.
- 8 to 10 feeder positions with reclosing breakers and getaways to UG vaults.
- All air insulated switchgear.
- Substation metering, relays and instrumentation compatible and interoperable with existing PUD equipment
Due to the large quantity and complexity of the planned work, NWCPUD considers it necessary to use the services of an outside engineering consultant to provide design, procurement and construction management services for the identified work. Minimum requirements of Consultant’s resources and detailed description of required services are included in the RFP documents.
The ideal timeframe for the Permitting, Design, Procurement and Construction of the Project is from April 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016. However, proposals may include project schedules that include construction activities in 2017.
NWCPUD is still evaluating the estimated cost to Permit, Design and Construct the Project. Preliminary estimates based on recent industry benchmark costs indicate a total cost between 4 and 5 million dollars. This estimate is highly preliminary.
Consultants must submit a notice of intent to respond and initial questions regarding this RFP no later than 12:00 p.m. (PST) February 22, 2016, via email to NIASubRFP@nwasco.com. Additional questions must be received three (3) working days prior to proposal due date.
Selection of the Consultant will be conducted pursuant to OAR 137-048-0220 Formal Section Procedure
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND COPIES OF THE COMPLETE RFP CONTACT: