Request for Qualification
Gem State Hydroelectric Project 6th Part 12 Inspection
Idaho Falls Power is soliciting qualifications from qualified consultants to assist in the following:
The completion of the 6th Part 12 inspection as prescribed by the FERC Engineering guidelines outlined in Chapter 14, Dam Safety and Performance Monitoring Program. These tasks include , but are not limited to, review of the Supporting Technical Information document, review of the Potential Failure Modes Analysis, review of prior Part 12 Inspection Reports, review of engineering design reports, attendance at the meeting and physical inspection of the Gem State Hydroelectric Project, writing and revisions of the Part 12 report and a supplement to the PFMA report with fully developed PFMs as directed in the FERC guidelines.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Attendance at the meetings pertaining to the Part 12 Inspection, both via teleconference and in person.
• Develop, write and revise the Part 12 Safety Inspection Report.
• Develop, write and revise a supplement to the PFMA with fully developed PFMs.
Five completed Part 12 Safety Inspection Reports and Five completed Ssupplements to the PFMA.
Consultant shall have:
• Acceptance of the FERC to act as an Independent Consultant in a Part 12 inspection.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Idaho.
• Experience in the FERC Part 12 Inspection Process of similar projects.
• Competence in the design and construction of composite dams similar to the Gem State Hydro Electric Project.
• Competence in the development and writing of Part 12 Safety Inspection Reports.
• Competence in the development and writing of fully developed Potential Failure Modes (PFMs) in a supplement to the Potential Failure Modes Analysis (PFMA).
• References with contact information of prior clients of Part 12 Inspections.
PROPOSED PROJECT SCHEDULE
• Statement of Qualifications due: August 1, 2016
• Selection and negotiation: August 26, 2016
• Kick- Off call with the FERC: TBD
• Part 12 Inspection: TBD (Fall 2017)
• Part 12 Inspection Report due: February 14, 2018
STATEMENT of QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
Statement of Qualification shall be limited to ten (10) single-sided pages (8½x11) with minimum 12-pt font and 1” margins. 11×17 size pages are allowed but shall each count as two (2) pages. Front and back covers and cover letter are permitted and will not count toward the 10-page limit. Detailed resumes of the proposed key personnel may be included in the appendix and will not count toward the 10-page limit. Any other information added to the appendix will count toward the 10-page limit. The City reserves the right to penalize or reject (at its sole discretion) any proposal which doesn’t meet the criteria requirements.
Statement of qualifications shall contain and be rated on, as a minimum, the following four sections of information:
1. CONSULTANT’S HISTORY AND CAPABILITY TO PERFORM THE PART 12 INSPECTION (20%)
• Examples of specific engineering experience related to the design and operation of hydroelectric project facilities
• Consultant’ years of experience as it relates to the engineering design or operation of hydroelectric projects
2. CONSULTANT’S QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECTS OF SIMILAR SIZE AND SCOPE (30%)
• Consultant’s experience with Part 12 Inspections of composite dams acting as an Independent Consultant
• Consultant’s educational and relevant qualifications and certifications
3. CONSULTANT’S FAMILIARITY WITH AND PROXIMITY TO PROJECT (30%)
• Applicant’s methodology and understanding of project needs
• Familiarity of local geography, geology and facility design that may present safety concerns in the region
• Consultant’s knowledge of the Gem State Project or like hydroelectric facilities
4. CONSULTANT’S ABILITY TO MEET PROJECT DEADLINES (20%)
• Quality, clarity and timeliness of reports
• Estimate of time it will take to perform necessary work
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Three (3) copies of the proposal must be received no later than 5 o’clock pm on August 1, 2016 at:
Idaho Falls Power
140 So. Capital Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Idaho Falls Power
Attention: Jason Cooper
P.O. Box 50220
Idaho Falls, ID 83405
Digital Copies (PDFs):
Digital copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than 5 o’clock pm on August 1, 2016.
Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
Questions regarding the project may be directed to:
P.O. Box 50220
140 So. Capital Ave.
Idaho Falls, ID 83405.
All costs related to the preparation of the proposal, interview (if required), or any other related activity are the sole responsibility of the proposer. No reimbursement will be made by the City of Idaho Falls for costs incurred by the proposer prior to a formal notice to proceed and executed contract.
Upon delivery, all work product, including without limitation, all writings, drawings, plans, reports, specifications, calculations, documents, other materials and copyright interests developed for this proposal shall be and remain the exclusive property of the City without restriction or limitation upon their use. Proposer agrees that all copyrights which arise from creation of the work pursuant to this proposal shall be vested in the City, and proposer waives and relinquishes all claims to copyright or other intellectual property rights in favor of the City.