NCPA is soliciting proposals from an individual or a firm (“Consultant”) to provide conference and other event planning services for meetings and programs held throughout the year for the next three years (2018-2020).
In this role, the Consultant will:
- Manage event planning for five conferences per year.
- Attend conferences, and travel both in and possibly out of state to preview venues and support NCPA programs.
- Handle all logistics for an annual state legislative staff tour throughout Northern California.
- Make arrangements for other NCPA member events throughout the year.
- Market events to attendees and sponsors.
- Negotiate contracts with meeting venue representatives.
- Serve as NCPA’s point of contact for all hotel and other meeting venue arrangements for NCPA meetings, including overseeing meeting room set ups and catering/menu arrangements, and arranging for audio/visual equipment, and related activities.
- Assist process of identifying speakers for programs and managing communications and travel arrangements related to each presenter.
- Oversee event registration and preparation of meeting materials.
- Report to the NCPA Assistant General Manager for Legislative and Regulatory Affairs.
NCPA events this Consultant will support include but are not limited to:
- NCPA Strategic Issues Conference—three day program, including opening dinner, one full day of formal presentations, reception, banquet and Commission meeting. This conference is held in January each year in Sacramento; the 2018 event is already take care of. Attendance is approximately 100 people. Budget is $65,000.
LR1704 – Conference and Event Planning Services
- Capitol Day—one day grassroots lobbying event involving approximately 40 NCPA member representatives. This conference is held at the end of January or early February each year in Sacramento; the 2018 event is already taken care of. Event planning responsibilities include arranging meeting space for member briefings, meals, lodging and other related activities. Budget is $10,000.
- NCPA Federal Policy Conference—four day program, including opening dinner event, one full day of formal presentations, banquet, and other member events. This conference is held in April each year in Washington, D.C. Attendance is approximately 50 people. Budget is $120,000
- NCPA State Legislative Staff Tour—three day tour to destinations throughout Northern California including and not limited to NCPA member communities and districts as well as generating facilities. Event planning responsibilities include arranging transportation, lodging, meals, and other related activities. This tour is held each year in July. Attendance is approximately 50 people. Budget is $70,000.
- NCPA Annual Conference—three day program, including a day and a half of formal presentations, opening reception, and banquet dinner. This conference is held in September at locations within Northern California. Attendance is approximately 250 people. Budget is $200,000-$240,000.
Questions or comments regarding this RFP must be put in writing and received NCPA no later than 5:00 p.m., May 11, 2018. Direct all inquiries regarding this RFP by electronic mail to Robyn Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by anyone other than the above contact may be invalid and proposals which are submitted in accordance with such information may be declared non-responsive. Responses from NCPA will be communicated via email to all recipients of this RFP. Inquiries received after the date and time stated will not be accepted and will be returned to senders without response. No oral representations or interpretations will be made to any proposer as to the meaning of this RFP.
All proposals shall be submitted to:
Northern California Power Agency
ATTN: Robyn Jackson
651 Commerce Drive
Roseville, CA 95678
Click here to view full RFP and all Addenda: