Company Name: City of Centralia
Phone Number: (360) 330-7672
Job Title: Wireman/Relay Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: February 6, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Install, test and maintain simple and complex relays, SCADA equipment, regulators, transformers, breakers and other associated apparatus. Perform all phases of electrical substation construction and maintenance.
1) Perform all phases of substation construction and maintenance including fencing, grounding, buswork and structures.
2) Install, test and maintain complex and simple relays, relay panels, panel wiring, SCADA equipment, transformers, breakers, regulators and all associated equipment.
3) Perform field checks, note plan discrepancies, suggest corrections, verifies print accuracy, equipment operations and proper installation of control and other circuits in substations and system protection during construction.
4) Perform final in-service tests after energization and be responsible for proper operation and confirmation of system integrity.
5) Perform a wide variety of precision tests using specialized hand tools and electrical and electronic test equipment including, but not limited to, multi-meters, phase angle meters, oscilloscopes, high speed recorders and variable voltage/current sources.
1) Perform substation switching as required and when requested by Chief Substation Operator.
2) Develop switching orders to energize, de-energize, or isolate elements of transmission, distribution, and substation systems. Communicate switching orders with all staff involved in the switching operation.
3) Diagnose and repair substation components for the restoration of service.
4) Patrol and inspect District substations and electrical equipment as required.
5) Diagnose and repair field regulators, breakers, circuit switchers, capacitors, transformers, reclosers and sectionalizers as required.
High school diploma or G.E.D. Must have completed an IBEW-recognized Journeyman Wireman Apprentice Program and possess a Journeyman Wireman Card. Classes in advanced electronics and decision-making skills recommended.
- Must have two (2) years’ experience as a Journeyman Wireman.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license within 6 months from date of hire with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License within 6 months from date of hire.
- Able to respond to overtime requests.
- Must have a valid Forklift Operators card.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting a complete City of Centralia application which is available on-line at www.cityofcentralia.com. Send to the Human Resources Department, PO Box 609, Centralia, WA 98531. 360-330-7672 or e-mail: email@example.com.
NOTE: Resumes may be submitted, but will NOT be accepted in lieu of the City’s application form.
The City of Centralia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disabled veteran status, veteran status, physical, mental or sensory disability. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The City will provide reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities during the selection process, if requested. Please notify Personnel of the accommodation needed, preferably at the time of applying.
Only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States are eligible for employment. All new employees will be required to complete and sign an Employment Eligibility Verification form and present documentation verifying identity and employment eligibility.
Posting End Date: March 5, 2018