Website Washington Public Utility Districts Association
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Reports to the Executive Director and performs a wide range of administrative and office management activities to aid the Association. Must be able to support management needs with discretion and initiative and be able to prioritize tasks and workload.
This position will work along side seven other employees in a team oriented and membership focused environment.
1. Oversee building, office facilities maintenance, and coordination with tenants.
2. Maintain the Association’s electronic distribution lists and committee rosters.
3. Ensure administrative systems and processes are well designed and managed. This includes helping maintain the member database and keep current contact information on membership, staff, related interest groups, and government agencies. As well as ensuring historical records are appropriately stored, sorted, and purged as scheduled.
4. Responsible for Association’s conference rooms. Duties include scheduling, set-up, upkeep, and ensuring policies are followed.
5. Provide information regarding meetings and events to members or the public as requested.
6. Attendance at monthly meetings and single or multi-day in-state travel may be required and could include taking minutes, coordinating registration, and event assistance.
7. Assist with organization of special events.
8. Assist in assembling and preparing materials for mail/e-mail including but not limited to publications, meeting notices, marketing, member event information, and committee resource material.
9. Typical office duties such as handling incoming and outgoing mail/packages, keeping office supply inventory, and receptionist responsibilities.
10. Provide advanced creation, formatting, and editing assistance with documents, spreadsheets, and use of creative and presentation programs.
11. Other duties as required.
III. EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
A minimum of an associate degree preferred. A combination of education and administrative experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to an associate degree from an accredited college that included coursework in professional communication, Office Suite systems, and 3-5 years of experience performing executive level support with increasing responsibility.
General office procedures, office equipment operation, (photocopiers, postage machines, etc.) computer operation Microsoft Office products, e-mail, and Internet usage.
Spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Interpersonal skills are essential in daily interactions with many different industry and non-industry individuals. Discretion, judgment, organizational ability, and initiative are also important. Advanced Excel Spreadsheet experience is desired.
Work Status: Non-Exempt, full-time position.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Travel: Some travel required
Staff Supervision: None
Deadline is Friday, August 13, 2021. Applicants are required to submit a combined cover letter and resume. Your cover letter must summarize your experience.
Submit applications to: Lena Mendiola, at Lmendiola@wpuda.org. Include the subject line: Employment Application- Administrative Assistant.
The position will be filled at a level based on the candidate's qualifications.
In addition to a competitive starting salary range, WPUDA employees also enjoy great benefits which include a medical plan (medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents), group term life insurance, 401K with company matching funds of 9% of employee’s gross salary, HRA/VEBA employees defer pre-tax earnings for health care expenses, 11 paid holidays, initial vacation accrual at 11 days per year, and one day per month sick leave accrual.
WPUDA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Lmendiola@wpuda.org