Company Name: Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (208) 292-3263
Job Title: Warehouseman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Warehousing and Purchasing
Posting Start Date: October 5, 2016
Salary: 23.88 starting
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Job Duties: The purpose of the Warehouseman position is, but is not limited to, disposition of material in the warehouse and associated operational areas of the Cooperative.
Receiving, inventory control, dispensing tools and materials, salvaging and recovering high value items (such as copper, aluminum and tools for repair) and general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Receive freight deliveries; check packing slip and write receiving reports. Enter receiving reports into computer and manually post to purchase orders (does not currently do, but may with new computer system). Use forklift to unload freight and move to storage areas in the yard and warehouse.
- Gather, issue and return materials for work orders and to line personnel as per staking sheet.
- Provide proper maintenance and care of all warehouse facilities, grounds and warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, buildings, hand trucks, shelving and bins.
- Assist in coordinating compliance with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements regarding testing transformers for PCB content and other hazardous materials. Help complete and maintain accurate records and reports.
- May fill non-lineman position as needed after Kootenai Electric Cooperative has provided employee qualified worker training.
- Test of all hot sticks and hot arms.
- Test of all grounding and mechanical jumpers.
- Perform turns ratio test and visual inspection of line transformers that come in new and/or off the lines.
Performs other duties as directed or required.
a. High school diploma or GED.
b. Prefer one year of Warehousing or Inventory control experience.
2. Knowledge and Skill
c. Mechanical aptitude
d. Ability to use a variety of tools including, but not limited to, air, hydraulic and electrically powered hand tools.
e. Must have the ability to use the computer, two-way radio, pickup, line truck and forklift.
f. Must have a valid driver’s license with a commercial driver’s license class A (CDL) endorsement, current driver medical certificate and must acquire and maintain a first-aid/CPR card and be a qualified fork lift operator.
g. Must have a solid knowledge of math, such as percentages and fractions.
h. Must be flexible, organized, decisive and able to take the initiative in problem-solving.
i. Must demonstrate the ability and personality to effectively promote a pleasant working atmosphere among associates.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must complete a KEC employment application and supporting materials available at www.kec.com. Mail to: HR Manager, Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2451 W. Dakota Ave., Hayden, ID 83835, or fax to HR Department at (208) 762-8154. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. October 21, 2016. EO/M/F/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Posting End Date: October 21, 2016