Company Name: Cowlitz PUD
Phone Number: (360) 501-9221
Job Title: Warehouse Storekeeper
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Warehousing and Purchasing
Posting Start Date: November 30, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Storekeeper supervises and manages the District’s main warehouse and its personnel. Must ensure appropriate inventory levels to meet District construction, maintenance and storm needs. Must be capable of operating equipment associated with this position and train employees in all aspects of the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises Business Unit positions effectively and efficiently, including proper training and safety awareness.
- Responsible for the receipt, issuance and storage of materials and equipment, maintaining appropriate records thereof.
- Requires proficient use of the District’s Warehouse computer software system and the ability to research and manage inventory, statistics and pledge levels at a high level.
- Responsible for reconditioning, storage or disposal of salvaged materials.
- In coordination with other Business Units establishes appropriate minimum and maximum inventory levels and ensures appropriate inventory levels to meet District construction, maintenance and storm needs.
- Ensures accurate accounting of inventory including inventory status and recording to applicable jobs.
- Responsible for conducting physical inventory counts and researching discrepancies. Maintains the Warehouse and materials storage yard in a clean and orderly manner, with free lanes for truck access.
- Ensures accurate material call-out (including coordination with contract crews). Reviews and interprets material data sheets and inventory reports, comparing quantities of material needed with inventory, correcting any discrepancies.
- Delivers material and equipment to field crews as necessary.
- Operates forklifts as necessary.
- Must operate District vehicles safely and proficiently, including proper operation of auxiliary equipment.
- Before each use, inspects tools for defects and removes defective tools from service.
- Must be alert to danger to self, co-workers and the general public, taking necessary actions to prevent accidents.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety rules applicable to the warehouse and recognize electric hazards and restricted access areas on job sites.
- Enforces safety rules in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be punctual and regular in attendance.
Other Position Functions:
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Capable of response to after-hours call out.
- Works after-hours in scheduled and unscheduled conditions.
- Provides traffic control as needed.
- Performs tasks as assigned to help the Business Unit meet District goals and expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal and customer service skills to courteously deal with and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other District employees, outside vendors and the general public.
- Ability to work in multi-task work environment, with constant interruptions and distractions while maintaining and meeting strict deadlines for projects.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, and knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated in order to make independent decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to resolve conflict within business unit.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a professional business-like manner, both orally and in writing. Must understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of restricted or private information and records and effectively handle sensitive matters.
- Must be able to learn business unit operating procedures.
- Must be able to use a calculator, personal computer and Microsoft Office Applications efficiently at an average level.
- Must have mechanical ability and skill to use the tools of the position efficiently.
- Must be capable of acquiring knowledge of terminology, materials, methods, equipment, vehicles and tools used in daily and occasional warehouse duties (electric line construction and maintenance).
- Must be capable of acquiring knowledge of safety rules and application accordingly.
- Alert to danger to self, co-workers and the public and take action necessary to prevent accidents.
- Keeps time, material and maintenance records accurately and legibly.
- Communicates by radio in accordance with operating practices.
- Must have knowledge of the proper manner to store materials and equipment.
- Must properly and safely use tools and equipment of the Warehouse including overhead crane, forklifts, power tools and cable cutters.
- Must develop a thorough knowledge of the service area.
- Capable of performing oil spill clean-up according to District practices including necessary record keeping.
- Must be trained to recognize high voltage hazards when working in or near restricted areas and maintain proper distances in all cases.
EQUIPMENT OR TOOLS:
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Work with flammable materials.
- Must wear work boots as required by OSHA.
- May require work hours in excess of 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
- May require some travel (20%)
- Observe and abide by all District policies, goals and objectives.
- Must wear proper apparel for assigned working conditions in accordance with the District’s dress code policy.
- Works in awkward positions.
- Physically able to traverse moderate terrain in all weather conditions.
- Capable of moderate physical labor for extended periods, day or night, in all weather conditions with full gear and equipment, safely and without personal injury.
- The employee must occasionally position self to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must have color and night vision.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Hears and is heard clearly in spoken conversation with heavy background noise.
- Mechanical ability to operate the tools of the trade.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be able to pass the District’s background and reference checks and physical examinations.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be capable of driving vehicles safely in all road conditions.
- Must have a First Aid Card with CPR or obtain within 30 days.
- Must have a Washington State Flagger’s Certification Card or obtain within 30 days.
- Must have an approved lift truck certification or obtain within two (2) months.
- Operating telephone is required at residence or cell phone to assure accessibility for emergency call-out.
- Must score above average on the District’s Mechanical Aptitude Test and/or District General Aptitude Test unless previous test results are available.
- Must qualify for the District’s auto liability insurance.
- Must adhere to the District’s residency requirements for response workers.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Its intent is to be a general guide of the duties and tasks we may ask you to perform as part of your employment with us. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of your duties or responsibilities with us. Job descriptions are dynamic living documents that change, as business needs change. We may elect to clarify, change or even add to this job description and your list of assigned duties in the future. We operate as a team and from time to time, you may be required to complete other related duties as assigned. Be able to perform all tasks asked or assigned of you is an important part of being a team member and a key expectation for your position.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Forklift certification desired.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in warehousing operations that demonstrates competency in a variety of warehouse operations including: inventory control and job-level recordkeeping using computer systems; maintaining proper inventory levels; customer service; receiving, storing, staging, issuing, adjusting, etc. materials and equipment; product handling requiring operation of forklifts; salvage and disposal of materials.
- Must have two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Posting End Date: December 18, 2017