Company Name: PNGC Power
Phone Number: (503) 288-5558
Job Title: VP, Government Affairs and Policy
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: June 10, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Vice President, Government Affairs and Policy is responsible for the management and oversight of PNGC Power’s strategy related to engagement with state and federal governmental bodies and with other regional policymaking entities. This will include providing subject matter expertise and conducting analysis regarding policy and legislative issues impacting the cooperative, presenting complex information and making recommendations to the PNGC Power CEO and Board of Directors, and advocating on behalf of PNGC Power’s interests. These responsibilities will be carried out in collaboration with PNGC’s legal, power, transmission, and finance staff. This position will also provide assistance with PNGC Power’s communications and marketing efforts as needed.
- Legislative/Regulatory Affairs: Manage PNGC Power’s involvement in current state and federal legislative and regulatory issues; influence the federal decision-making process in the Northwest and in Washington, D.C.; work with appropriate groups and political leaders to affect desired results; coordinate with state and national rural electric cooperative associations and advocate on behalf of PNGC Power’s Members.
- Regional Affairs and Energy Policy: Assist in the development of PNGC Power’s strategy, provide leadership, and coordinate industry efforts on various regional issues, including: energy market design (CAISO EIM), power supply, transmission, fish mitigation policy and others. Assess benefits, as well as risk and exposure to potential costs related to legislative, regulatory, and policy decisions.
- Communications and Marketing: Coordinate with the Communications & Marketing staff to ensure PNGC Power’s internal and external strategic communications are in line with other efforts.
- Represent PNGC Power in industry and legislative groups. Building strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Collaborate in a cross-functional senior management team with an emphasis on integrity, accountability, and servant leadership
- Effectively present complex information and make recommendations to PNGC Power’s CEO, staff, Board of Directors, and Members
- Provide information to PNGC Power Members on current government and policy actions affecting them; write testimony, articles, and editorials supporting PNGC Power Board policy positions.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out and coordinated in a manner consistent with PNGC Power’s overall financial and policy objectives.
- Advocate strongly for PNGC Power’s positions, both orally and in writing, across diverse forums
- Create and manage the budget for all functions within the department.
- Manage consultant/contractor work as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing at all levels including, Members, cooperative personnel, Board of Directors, regulatory agencies, and business associates.
- Ability to research and understand technical aspects related to power and transmission policy development.
- Extensive knowledge of the Pacific Northwest electric utility and power supply issues.
- Ability to understand, research, and help inform PNGC Power Members on policy regarding emerging market structures for the Pacific Northwest, e.g CAISO EIM.
- Ability to share complex data in a way that is perceived as both accessible and complete.
- Ability to read, draft, and implement policies.
- Proven analytical, communications, and leadership skills.
- Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university and either ten years of related executive experience or a graduate degree from accredited college or university.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com attn: Teresa Skreen no later than Friday July 8th.
Posting End Date: July 8, 2016