Company Name: Golden Valley Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 452-1151
Job Title: Vice President of Operations
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: November 14, 2016
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Responsible for the management and direction of the organization’s utility operations functions to ensure the Association achieves its objectives as set forth in the GVEA mission.
- Direct the Transmission Operations Division to ensure established scorecard objectives of the Association are met.
- Utilize appropriate management and leadership behaviors to achieve results through employees with diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Association’s functions of transmission and distribution operation and maintenance to provide competitive, responsive, and reliable service and high customer value.
- Establish appropriate goals, work plans, forecasts, budgets, performance standards, procedures, controls and evaluations pertaining to the Division within corporate scorecard objectives.
- Develop and evaluate strategies of resource allocation among Sections to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the organization on construction, and transmission and distribution functions and ensures performance levels meet established scorecard objectives.
- As a senior management member, actively participates in the planning, revising, and implementing of overall strategies for the Division to move toward GVEA’s vision, mission and values.
- Participate in formulating and administering Association policies and development of both long- range and scorecard objective
- Direct the creation of short and long term work plans and budgets; provides direction to Division managers and oversees content of system reports.
- Oversee short and long range planning and development to meet present requirements and to anticipate future needs.
- Create and maintain effective, cordial relationships and communication with employees, supervisors, Vice-Presidents, the President & CEO, the Board of Directors, members and any other external contacts.
- Review or evaluate staff and consultant plans, specifications and estimates as needed.
- Develop and evaluate the proper use of resources to match anticipated work loads.
- Coordinate activities with management in such a manner as to provide cooperation and good working relationships on a continuing basis.
- Responsible for the safety and integrity of the Association’s system from an operational view point.
- Incorporate project management skills and communications in developing a scope, schedule and budget, identifying solutions and making recommendations to the President & CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other related degree. Additional training in utility system operations preferred.
- Graduate degree desirable.
- Management training in contract law, basic accounting and finance, human relations and business administration desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a related corporate level management position.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in utility administration or the equivalent with substantial supervisory responsibilities.
- Experience with labor contract negotiations and administration preferred.
- Demonstrated project and performance management experience.
- Broad direct knowledge of electric utility operations or of a similar service organization sufficient to carry out the requirements of the position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a completed GVEA Employment Application. Resumes alone will not be considered. Applications can be found on our website at http://www.gvea.com
Posting End Date: January 16, 2017