Company Name: Golden Valley Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 452-1151
Job Title: Vice President of Engineering Services
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: November 14, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Responsible for the management and direction of the organization’s engineering function and construction and maintenance of electrical facilities to ensure the Association achieves its objectives as set forth in the GVEA mission.
- Direct the Engineering Services Division to ensure established scorecard objectives of the Association are met.
- Utilize appropriate management and leadership behaviors to achieve results through employees with diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Association’s functions of engineering design, planning and transmission and distribution construction and maintenance to provide competitive, responsive, reliable service and high customer value.
- Establish appropriate goals, work plans, forecasts, budgets, performance standards, procedures, controls and evaluations pertaining to the Division within corporate scorecard objectives.
- Develop and evaluate strategies of resource allocation among Sections to maximize effectiveness.
- Direct the creation of short and long term work plans and budgets; provides direction to Division managers and oversees content of system reports.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the organization on engineering and transmission and distribution functions and ensures performance levels meet established scorecard objectives
- Participate in formulating and administering Association policies and development of both long- range and scorecard objectives.
- Oversee short and long range planning and development to meet present requirements and to anticipate future needs.
- As a senior management member, actively participates in the planning, revising, and implementing of overall strategies for the Division to move toward GVEA’s vision, mission and values.
- Create and maintain effective, cordial relationships and communication with employees, supervisors, Vice-Presidents, the President & CEO, the Board of Directors, members and any other external contacts.
- Review or evaluate staff and consultant plans, specifications and estimates as needed. Directs performance of complex engineering analysis.
- Develop and evaluate the proper use of resources to match anticipated work loads.
- Coordinate activities with management in such a manner as to provide cooperation and good working relationships on a continuing basis.
- Responsible for the safety and integrity of the Association’s system from an engineering design view point.Other duties as assigned.
- Incorporate project management skills and communications in developing a scope, schedule and budget, identifying solutions and making recommendations to the President & CEO.
- BSEE, BSCE or other approved degree with electrical engineering emphasis.
- Masters degree in Business or Engineering Management preferred.
- Management training in human relations, contract law, basic accounting and finance, public speaking, effective writing, performance measurement, benchmarking, scorecard, strategic planning and business administration desirable.
- Registration as professional engineer in the State of Alaska required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a related corporate level management position.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in utility administration or the equivalent with substantial supervisory responsibilities.Experience with labor contract negotiations and administration preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Broad direct knowledge of all aspects of electric utility engineering operations or of a similar service organization sufficient to carry out the requirements of the position.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a completed GVEA Employment Application. Resumes alone will not be considered. Applications can be found on our website at http://www.gvea.com
Posting End Date: January 16, 2017