Company Name: Golden Valley Electric Association
Phone Number: (907) 452-1151
Job Title: Vice President of Engineering Services
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Key Account Executive
Posting Start Date: February 9, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
This position is responsible for the management and direction of the organization’s engineering function, and construction and maintenance of electrical facilities to ensure the Association achieves its objectives as set forth in the GVEA mission. Key accountabilities include Administration and Leadership of the Engineering division, active participation in Strategic Planning, and communication with employees, Board of Directors and the membership.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in utility administration or the equivalent with substantial supervisory responsibilities.
- Broad direct knowledge of all aspects of electric utility engineering operations or of a similar service organization sufficient to carry out the requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- BSEE, BSCE or other approved degree with electrical engineering emphasis.
- Master’s degree in Business or Engineering Management is preferred.
- Management training in human relations, contract law, basic accounting and finance, public speaking, effective writing, performance measurement, benchmarking, scorecard, strategic planning and business administration is desirable.
- Registration as a professional engineer in the State of Alaska is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a related corporate level management position.
- Experience with labor contract negotiations and administration is preferred.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a completed Golden Valley Electric Association Employment Application in addition to a resume and cover letter. Applications may be submitted via fax, email or mail.
Posting End Date: March 9, 2017