Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Vegetation Manager (R17-028)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: January 25, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 13, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Manager 1, Vegetation Management
Manages senior forester, landscape supervisor, professional foresters, union spray crews, contract tree and landscape personnel for company-wide Vegetation Management program. Decisions are guided by OPUC administrative rules; FERC compliance rules; State and Federal OSHA rules; Federal land management agreements; State regulations on land and right of way used; and individual City right of way permits and vegetation management ordinances; as well as company policies, procedures and business plans. Manages large service contracts to accomplish the program.
- A bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field.
- Six to eight years work experience in vegetation management.
- A equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Ten years technical, field or tree trimming operations experience with a thorough knowledge of arboriculture, taxonomy, agricultural chemicals, botany, entomology and soils (college level coursework).
- Working knowledge of Utility electrical transmission and distribution system.
- Thorough knowledge of Utility tree trimming policy and specification’s; pertinent vegetation management rules and codes found in but not limited to FERC/WECC, OSHA, NESC, ANSI, Oregon Administrative rules, Oregon Regulatory Statues, County and City ordinances.
- Thorough knowledge of the state and federal safety rules for line clearance tree trimming.
- Valid Oregon State Pesticide Consultant license.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-028 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral), Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/portland-general-electric)
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: February 13, 2017