Company Name: TDX Power
Phone Number: (907) 278-2312
Job Title: Utility Power System Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Power Supply
Posting Start Date: February 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Technician will be responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of the utility’s natural gas and diesel-driven power generation, controls, and distribution system equipment that provides electrical service to Deadhorse, Alaska. Perform regular and non-routine maintenance on power generation and distribution equipment, plant vehicles, other heavy equipment, and plant facilities maintenance. Using analytical and critical thinking skills, solve mechanical and electrical problems in efforts to keep equipment running efficiently, minimizing system failure and down time.
- Operation and maintenance of regulated electric power utility, perform full range of operator assignments including load management.
- Complete maintenance and operation of power generation equipment to include 5mw Solar gas turbine driven generators, Caterpillar gas reciprocating generators up to 3mw, and diesel generators up to 1mw.
- Maintain and repair electrical underground distribution equipment such as switches, capacitors, transformers, assist with install of electrical cable in ducts or direct burial; install cable risers; splice and terminate non-leaded high voltage cables; perform substation construction such as installation of structures, switches, insulators, buses, foundations and associated equipment.
- Perform trouble-shooting, fault analysis, fault mitigation, and repair tasks, monitor power plant operation and taking readings per plant standard operations.
- Record accurate readings of all instrumentation and various monitoring equipment detailing important data relevant to plants operation including kWH produced, fuel consumption, voltage, HZ.
- Perform and document routine inspections to ensure that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition.
- Perform facility maintenance and general maintenance of all plant and utility facilities and property.
- Perform vehicle and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Perform monthly customer meter reads.
- Report defects in facilities and all equipment, and recommend improvements, alterations and repairs.
- Maintains inventory lists and requisition supplies, materials and repair parts.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electrical components and systems.
- Perform work requiring advanced knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment.
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Comply with all required environmental health and safety programs.
- Work extended work schedules occasionally supporting project and work requirements.
- Special project support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in technical or science-related field and two years experience preferably within power generation or power plant environment, or, high school diploma with a minimum three years work experience in electrical or mechanical field, preferably within power generation or power plant environment.
- Minimum 2 years operations and maintenance experience with power generation, controls, electrical distribution/transmission, and related equipment.
- Ability to successfully read, understand, and decipher electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics to include the symbols and terminology pertaining to electrical distribution drawings and other schematics as utilized within the company.
- Perform work requiring a knowledge of electrical theory and principles, statutory codes, properties of materials and principles of operation of electrical equipment, reciprocating and turbine power generation equipment.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot and/or repair power generation and distribution system issues, in conjunction with specialized support as needed.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, work beneath machines and in close quarters while performing analysis and repair work.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs, diagnostic software, and other programs as required.
- Must be familiar with and execute best work place safety practices in accordance with OSHA and NFPA standards.
- Appreciation of other work disciplines, such as welding, carpentry, etc.
- A valid drivers’ license issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- Experience working in diverse geographical locations such as remote Alaska. Ability to work extended work schedules, often in unpleasant weather conditions; indoors and outdoors.
- Required to pass background investigation.To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Strong technical skills.
- Must demonstrate customer service attitude.
- Capable of functioning independently and undertake various technical and supervisory roles when required; must be able to recommend an appropriate course of action in a fast-paced environment; work well under pressure during outages to restore service.
- High degree of precision, care and attention to surroundings when in working environments with minimum tolerances.
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player with a people-centered leadership style; effective human relations skills to motivate others and convince them of the validity of solutions to problems.
- Professional, leading by example and willing to put the company and others before themselves.
- Recognizes need for confidentiality and security of sensitive information.
How to Apply:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of TDX Power.
To apply: please visit http://www.tdxpower.com/career-postings, fill out an application and turn into HR@Tdxcorp.com. Thank you.
This Position is open until filled
Posting End Date: March 31, 2017