Company Name: Inland Power & Light
Phone Number: (509) 789-4277
Job Title: Utility Pole Inspector
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: April 19, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The utility pole inspector responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the safe coordination and performance of pole inspection, testing, treatment and record keeping of the pole test and treat program. Maintain Inland Power’s current test and treat rotation cycle.
- Supervise and complete utility pole inspections including sound and bore, full excavate and visual inspections.
- Inspect power line poles for rot or other deterioration and examine poles supporting power line.
- Taps pole with hammer and listens for vibrations indicating internal decay.
- Tests defective poles with probing bar or bores into poles with brace and bit or auger to determine extent of rot.
- Drives wooden pegs into bored holes to seal against moisture, using hammer.
- Prepares reports indicating condition and draws diagrams showing location of poles, with recommendations for pole replacement or type of treatment required to repair or restore poles.
- Supervise and perform utility pole maintenance, remedial treatments and application of wood-preserving chemicals.
- Collect data pertinent to inspection. Manage utility pole assets through GIS mapping verification and collection of GPS data.
- Estimate labor and materials costs of repairing or replacing poles.
- May examine attachments to poles and report conditions hazardous to power line facilities.
- Install guy markers as appropriate throughout Inland Power’s service territory.
- Flagging for line crews as needed.
- All additional functions of utility pole inspector position.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Responsible for crew safety by performing safety related functions such as job briefings, hazard recognition and mitigation, ensuring utilization of PPEs and compliance of safety standards.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer three to five years of pole testing or utility experience.
- Pesticide license preferred.
- Flagger card preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office and effective use of the internet are required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a variety of tools.
- Must possess sound decision-making skills.
- Must possess and maintain a safe work record.
- Excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
- Successful completion of pre-employment, post offer-of-hire drug and alcohol tests and pre-employment physical.
How to Apply:
If your credentials and interest match this job, please send your completed application, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail them to, Inland Power & Light Company, 10110 W. Hallett Rd., Spokane WA 99224-7435, Attn: Human Resources.
Posting End Date: May 10, 2018