Website Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems
The CFPP, LLC is seeking a Director of Business Development to secure additional offtake from the Carbon Free Power Project (CFPP) through the negotiation and ultimate execution of various contractual arrangements (power sales contracts, ownership contracts, power purchase agreements, etc.). The CFPP will be the first NuScale Power small modular reactor (SMR) plant to begin operation in the United States near Idaho Falls, Idaho, at the Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory. The SMR plant will deploy six, 77-megawatt NuScale Power Modules to generate 462 megawatts of carbon free electricity. The first module will begin generating power in 2029, with the remaining modules coming online for full plant operation by 2030. The CFPP LLC was formed as a limited liability company in 2020. Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (UAMPS) is the sole Member of the CFPP LLC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsible for developing a prioritized list of potential CFPP off-takers and equity participants.
- Engages industry stakeholders to collect and utilize business intelligence regarding potential off-takers and equity participants and their priorities and objectives.
- Screens candidate CFPP off-takers and equity participants based on developed criteria to assure minimum qualifications and project objectives are met.
- Builds and maintains a strategy of engagement with CFPP potential off-takers and equity participants.
Contacts and meets with potential CFPP off-takers and equity participants.
- Meets regularly with CFPP LLC President, CFPP LLC General Counsel, CFPP Project Director, and supporting CFPP team members to discuss status of securing contractual execution of CFPP off-takers.
- Meets regularly with NuScale’s Business Development contact to discuss status of securing contractual execution of CFPP off-takers.
- Develops proposals and contracts to present to CFPP potential off-takers with support from the CFPP LLC President, CFPP LLC General Counsel, CFPP Project Director, and supporting CFPP team members.
- Organizes and leads due diligence activites to review prospective CFPP off-takers and equiity participants.
Reports to UAMPS’ CFPP Project Management Committee on status of securing contractual execution of CFPP off-takers and equity participants.
Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Knowledge of commodities, including natural gas and power. Knowledge of organized electric markets a plus. Knowledge of power generation facilities, including nuclear, coal, natural gas, wind, solar, and battery storage. Knowledge of Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) project development processes and terminology including regulatory and licensing activities a plus. Knowledge of contract formation and negotiation related to the delivery of NPPs or other types of large scale power projects will be considered.Additional Information:
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position to email@example.com. Applicants whose backgrounds most closely reflect the current needs of UAMPS may be invited to participate in an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org