Website United Electric Co-op, Inc
System Reliability Technician
United Electric Co-op, Inc. (UEC) is searching for qualified candidates for the full-time position of System Reliability Technician (SRT). The position requires a highly skilled, self-motivated worker with a wide background of electrical system knowledge.
Purpose of Position
Support UEC’s mission of providing safe, reliable power at reasonable rates. Perform duties efficiently to maintain the reliability of the substations and distribution system of UEC. Provide insight of system performance based on ongoing inspections and data acquisition. Committed to the core values of the employees of UEC.
UEC is an electric cooperative located in beautiful southern Idaho. UEC’s office is in affordable Heyburn, Idaho and the cooperative serves nearly 7,000 meters in Minidoka and Cassia counties.
• Responsible for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, coordinating repairs, and maintaining database on substation equipment and distribution equipment.
• Performs advanced line troubleshooting. Assists line crews with troubleshooting of distribution and substation equipment.
• Assists E&O Manager with detailed feeder line patrol/maintenance including vegetation management. Notifies supervisor with conditions needing attention on feeder lines and substations. Maintains records of events and resolutions required to fix conditions needing attention.
• Coordinates with contractors as required for installation, construction, repairs and testing of substation and distribution equipment, including oil samples, thermal imaging, etc.
• Prepares switching procedures and notifications for outages. Coordinates with transmission providers and others as required.
• Supports metering department with metering system installation and troubleshooting. This includes substation communication equipment and meters on the distribution system.
• Promotes and adheres to UEC’s safety program and practices.
• Ability to perform physical tasks assigned to the job.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent. The SRT must be a certified Journeyman Lineman or Substation Wireman and meet the continuing requirements for such duties. Candidates with 5+ years of distribution linework experience preferred. Practical experience with substation and distribution equipment. Must possess basic computer skills (emails, spreadsheets, data entry) and ability to use technology.
Position requires a valid driver’s license. Travel within UEC’s service area is required during working hours; and occasional travel and overnight stays outside of the service area may be required to attend meetings, training and other events. This position requires the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions. The SRT must have the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. The successful candidate must be able to pass a physical examination appropriate to the position and drug testing.Additional Information:
UEC’s employment application is found at the following link: https://www.uec.coop/employment-opportunities. Interested candidates should submit their application package via email. Cover Letter, Resume, and Application shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on Sept 30, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.uec.coop.