Website Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Umatilla Electric Cooperative is looking for a Land Use Specialist to join our growing team. If you are detail oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment than this is an exceptional opportunity. This position works closely with local, state, and federal agencies to ensure compliance with land use regulations. The Land Use Specialist is responsible for site planning, easement and permit acquisition, property procurement, and reviewing environmental documents to support the Engineering Work Plan. Umatilla Electric Cooperatives offers an atmosphere of cooperation and seeks a Land Use Specialist to become an integral part of the Engineering Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
- Ensures easements and permits from landowners and regulatory agencies are tracked regularly, obtained timely, and recorded properly.
- Responsible for timely development and accurate production of supporting project documents related to land use that are necessary for substation, transmission, and/or distribution construction work packages.
- Responsible for reading, writing, interpreting, and drawing Metes and Bounds descriptions using the Public Land Survey System.
- Ensures projects are completed per regulatory agency requirements and/or obligations.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
- Expected to maintain knowledge of easement law, land ownership rights, title, easement descriptions and the processes involved with obtaining such.
- Responsible for measuring, recording, and calculating data based upon information collected for permits, easements, or plats.
- Expected to produce, diagrams, and reports as requested for field operations or UEC staff.
- Property acquisition as needed.
- Workload must have balance of volume and accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology, standards and job-related information. Participates in local professional group meetings, online professional listservs, stays abreast of new trends and innovations within the industry and in related hardware/software that provide value-added benefit to the Cooperative.
- Requires self-motivation and a willingness to function as a team member with the ability to interact well with the general public and various agencies.
- Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members.
- Must uphold excellent communication skills, including: presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills required when working with members, customers, or coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate’s degree from two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Five (5) years of applicable land-use/right-of-way experience and/or training in a related field is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a strong understanding of the Public Land Survey System and be able to read metes and bounds.
- Ability to work with concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions to practical situations.
- Real estate or Right of Way Agent experience to assist with land related legal issues, including zoning, legal forms, and construction.
- Environmental experience to assist with permitting assessments and requirements for utility projects.
- Experience working with engineers and team to meet construction deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Familiarity with electrical utility systems and ArcGIS Online.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical descriptions/instructions, work or service orders, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to colleagues, management, the public, and/or boards of directors.
- A valid Driver’s License is required for occasional business travel.
Position is scheduled to close as early as February 15, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit umatillaelectric.bamboohr.com.