Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Transmission Engineer II (R17-273)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: July 5, 2017
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Post until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Transmission Engineer II (R17-273)
Functions in a mid-level engineer capacity, under general supervision. Provide technical engineering support and assistance for transmission and distribution construction & maintenance projects. Perform the basic functions of a transmission and distribution design engineer by providing sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Develop designs for new overhead transmission and overhead and underground distribution facilities as well as upgrades and maintenance of existing facilities. Provide technical support to construction crews in the field.
Provide transmission and distribution project management expertise resulting in cost effective, reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections. Provide internal/external customer consultation and project coordination that meets project needs consistent with company Tariff, Design Standards, NESC requirements and applicable codes.
You will support our journey by:
- Provide design for overhead and underground distribution and transmission line projects ranging from 12.5kV to 115kV. Develop designs, plans, and specifications for distribution line capital and maintenance projects. Evaluate possible alternatives to meet both major and minor distribution line project requirements, including line routing, site preparation, facility siting, conduit design, structure design, specifications and material orders.
- Assist with the design and analysis of transmission projects (from 57kV to 500kV), both capital and maintenance including the development of plans, specifications, estimates and schedules.
- Initiate work orders and track expenditures as required to implement capital and maintenance project assignments.
- Coordinate and work with material manufacturers, contract construction resources and company personnel to ensure the integrity and completion of distribution line projects on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare budgetary cost estimates for distribution line projects.
- Assist other PGE departments (Survey, Planning, UAM, Property) by providing technical support as required.
- Develop engineering proficiency and technical knowledge of all current techniques, applicable codes, and regulations with respect to distribution design.
- Usher jobs through the full design cycle, from initial scoping and preliminary design through construction and as-built documentation.
- Assist construction crews in the field by providing technical expertise for real-time problems.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of state of the art technologies including design software, LiDAR, Infrared cameras, UV cameras, and such that can be leveraged to create a more efficient and valuable work flow.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from ABET accredited engineering program is required.
- Completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years in a related field.
- Experience with electric overhead and underground distribution design is preferred.
- Experience in any of the following is desired: underground duct bank and vault design, erosion and sediment control design, site grading and access road design.
- Course work in the following topics preferred: Statics, Strengths of Materials, Wood Design, Steel Design, and Electrical Fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of engineering and economic principles and concepts.
- Working knowledge and application of engineering processes and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Office and AutoCAD. Microsoft Access and ArcFM preferred.
- Experience in design using PLS-CADD preferred.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-273. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: August 2, 2017