Website Toth & Associates
TOTH is currently seeking candidates for an entry-level Substation Design Engineer to join our Substation Engineering Department. This position will work on the physical engineering design of substations and provide support during the construction phase of substation projects.
You will be involved in all physical design aspects of substation projects including completing detailed scoping documents, material specification, performing common substation design functions including design for electrical equipment layouts, rigid bus, fire protection, grounding systems, lightning protection, lighting, cable and conduit systems, control building layouts, and bills of material, as well as interfacing with the CAD department for creation of construction drawings.
You will work with a team to evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and solutions to produce a completed substation design. Work will include multiple projects of moderate to large size for electric utilities throughout the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed analysis and calculations to support engineering design utilizing various software tools
- Apply industry codes, standards, and best practices to various elements of substation design
- Utilize quality assurance processes, procedures, guides, and checklists to deliver a quality substation design
- Evaluate design and cost trade-offs for design alternatives
- Produce material specifications for major equipment and various substation materials
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- 0-4 years of experience in the electrical engineering field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Valued but Not Required Skills and Experience:
- EIT Certification
- Experience in the design of medium or high voltage power systems
- Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to substation design, including the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) + company matching
- Discretionary bonuses
- Education assistance
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.