Website The City of Roseville
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the Regular and Full-time position of Power Generation Superintendent in the Electric Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, occasional evening and weekend work may be required. A flex schedule may be available.
Roseville Electric Utility is a locally-owned electric power provider committed to improving the quality of life of our community and customers with reliable electricity, competitive prices, exceptional service and a culture of safety.
The City of Roseville is committed to a diverse workforce. We are engaged in understanding the needs and backgrounds of our colleagues and those we serve. Our organization is unified in this commitment, as we believe this produces the best results for our community.
This position is open until filled. For first consideration, applications are due by November 30th, 2023.
To plan, organize and direct operational, maintenance, engineering, and compliance activities of the Electric Department’s power generation plants; to coordinate section activities with other divisions or departments; and to provide highly responsible technical support to an Assistant Electric Utility Director.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
- Receives general direction from an Assistant Electric Utility Director.
- Exercises direct supervision over assigned professional, supervisory, technical, and administrative support staff.
Examples of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and implement section goals and objectives; establish performance standards and methods for energy park and power plant operation and maintenance; develop and implement policies, procedures and metrics.
- Plan, develop and oversee the work of staff involved in operating and maintaining the department’s power generation plants.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned unit; implement improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration of power plant funds; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for supplies, equipment, capital improvement projects, and services; monitor and control expenditures.
- Develop short and long-term operational and maintenance plans for power generation facilities; develop specifications and Requests for Proposal; seek City Council approval; manage and oversee the work of outside consultants and contractors.
- Participate in the selection of staff; coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; recommend discipline; implement discipline procedures as directed.
- Ensure compliance with local, State, and Federal rules and regulations and permits especially as related to environmental, health and safety issues; monitor, evaluate and make recommendations related to electric power plant operation and maintenance.
- Plan, implement, manage, update and maintain plant procedures and site policies.
- Evaluate and assess power plant operations and maintenance procedures and identify areas in need of change; investigate and correct unusual conditions.
- Direct and coordinate operations and maintenance work to meet production schedules and allow for emergency repair and retrofit activities; ensure peak load plant is operational.
- Propose and implement equipment modifications and plant improvements; monitor, evaluate, and manage plant for compliance with contractual requirements.
- Confer and/or meet with City engineering staff, other City divisions and departments, outside agencies, utility customers, consultants, vendors, and contractors regarding operational issues and projects.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using effective leadership skills and principles of good customer service.
Perform related duties as assigned.
See job posting for full details.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.