Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Temporary Storeroom (T17-060)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: October 31, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2017
This is a 6 month temporary assignment
Temporary Storeroom (T17-060)
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
- Work under the supervision of Head Storeroom or Head Material Person to support functions/operations of the Storeroom.
- Keep stock properly labeled, receive, check and sort material in Storeroom
- Handle, load, deliver material, supplies, and tools to line crews, vendors, and other clients.
- Use hand tools in the assembly and disassembly of materials.
- Sort, recondition, and restock material in salvage area.
- Operate vehicles, such as forklifts, small trucks, and pickups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license required with a clean driving record
- Possess or acquire PGE forklift certification within probationary period, prior forklift experience and/or certification is preferred
- Preplacement medical examination and physical capacity testing are required.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL ONLY JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: November 15, 2017