Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Temporary Assistant V, Prerequisite Coordination (T17-076)
Number of Openings: 3
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: December 13, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Temporary Administrative Assistant, Prerequisite Coordination
Please note this assignment is for 6 months and may go longer.
The Administrative Assistant V provides operational support to Prerequisite Coordinators and PSLD (Planning Schedule and Line Dispatch) by identifying, initiating, receiving, and providing notification on right-of-way and other permits; initiating and receiving traffic control plans; preparing relevant sketches as needed for non-design jobs; preparing and recording locate requests; and other clerical activities as required for general operations.
- High school diploma plus 5+ years of experience in a progressive administrative support and secretarial positions, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Complete p-card training and acquisition within 2 months of employment
- Obtain Oregon food handler’s permit within 1 month of employment, and maintain annually
- Prior knowledge of PGE permitting requirements for one or more region is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of commonly used PC based computer applications including Word, and Excel
- Thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, business correspondence composition
- Working knowledge of Maximo
- Working knowledge of/ability to learn basic storm support processes in Outage Management System
- Basic knowledge of the utility industry and T&D Operations
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=T17-076. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Posting End Date: January 8, 2018