Company Name: Tacoma Public Utilities
Phone Number: (253) 591-5400
Job Title: Telecommunications Network Construction Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Telecommunications
Posting Start Date: June 25, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Build, install, activate and maintain aerial and underground hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) systems. Ensure workmanship is completed to standards and specifications and construction and safety guidelines.
- Ensure all work is completed within construction and safety guidelines and specifications
- Ensure proper placement and location of HFC systems in the rights-of-way and on private property; assist in ensuring the integrity of the system
- Operate a variety of office, test and construction equipment
- Work in conjunction with other utilities and contractors
- Coordinate with contractors to facilitate construction and installation projects and to adjust project plans as necessary following inspections; account for contract bid items in preparation of payment to contractors
- Build and maintain aerial, underground and MDU telecommunications system
- Graduation from high school;
- 3+ years telecommunications construction experience within the last five years
- LICENSCES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Valid Washington State Driver’s License at time of appointment with maintenance thereafter.
Obtain a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License prior to completion of probation and maintain thereafter.
Obtain a valid First Aid/ CPR card and Washington State Flagging card before completion of probation and maintain thereafter
How to Apply:
For full details and to apply, please visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tacoma. Questions regarding this job announcement, please contact Human Resources at (253)591-5400 by 4:00pm of the closing date of this job announcement.
Posting End Date: July 11, 2018