Application deadline: Internally January 22, 2018
Externally January 29, 2018
Become a part of the Portland General Electric Team!
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. We are a proud and resourceful team who take care of each other, our communities and our natural resources.
Portland General Electric team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. Our team has a tremendous range of skill sets, and is dedicated to diversity, community, and our customers.
Working for PGE is fun, challenging and enriching, and with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like working for PGE too. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Join us and power your potential.
Technician I (C18-001)
Starting pay $38.57/hr
As part of the team at the Coyote Springs Generating Plant, you will help to generate electricity for PGE’s customers and partners. You’ll learn about the operation of this combined cycle generating facility and increase your skills in multiple disciplines.
To complement the skills of the team, we are seeking individuals with solid skills in Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) or Electrical trades, at a journeyman level.
You will support our journey by:
- Monitoring, maintaining, operating and testing plant equipment and tools as qualified.
- Performing predictive and preventive maintenance as qualified. Performing calibrations as qualified.
- Using installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and system problems as trained.
- Performing chemistry operations as qualified.
- Performing administrative duties such as use of computer based maintenance programs, data collection, report writing, utilization of relevant computer programs and write procedures.
- Having primary responsibility for systems as assigned and conducting training sessions as assigned.
- Continuously increasing own knowledge level by independent study.
- Operating forklifts as required.
- Training to become a Technician II. Upon successful qualification, pay will increase to $43.64/hour.
- Qualifying on all Coyote Generating Plant systems and associated procedures within one year after employment. Must be capable of demonstrating this qualification by oral and written examination.
- Participating in self-directed work teams. Provide and receive feedback on team and individual performance.
- Practicing company Guiding Behaviors: Dignify People, Make the Right Thing Happen, Be Accountable, Earn Trust, Positive Attitude, Team Behavior.