Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Technical Field Trainer – Electric Operations #27214
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: January 20, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Technical Field Trainer – Electric Operations #27214
Puget Sound Energy’s Training department is looking for a Technical Field Trainer – Electric Operations (EO) to join our team! The trainer will coordinate with the training work-group in developing and delivering specialized training, compliance training, and craft-specific training needs to our Electric First Response Servicemen. They will provide expertise concerning the safe and efficient operation and general regulatory compliance in use of the systems. Evaluates trainee fieldwork and provides effective feedback, while upholding the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we are building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Conducts hands-on training in operation procedures, standard practices, equipment, emergency procedures/response and other technical/craft-specific training.
- Coordinates and delivers hands-on training at field location(s).
- Coordinates associated Learning Management System updates/record requirements.
- Collaborates with training team and leadership to reinforce and modify training as needed.
- Works with instructional designers on material development.
- Performs gap/needs analysis as required.
- Supports operational training as a subject-matter expert for specific craft issues and works as part of multi-function teams to ensure integration of training needs with ancillary work groups that interact with craft personnel.
- Develops, reviews and recommends training materials to meet compliance and training requirements for craft-specific training.
- Ensures training programs and field on-the-job experience meets the compliance and training needs of PSE and craft-specific employee groups.
- Maintains training documentation and references.
- Provides expertise related to area of craft specialty.
- Evaluates field craft work of trainees and journey-workers for adherence to regulations and standards as part of the safety and training program evaluation requirements and provides effective feedback.
- Administers operator qualification program and recordkeeping as required.
- Ensures continual improvement of training processes, methods, strategies and techniques.
- Communicates related training updates and process changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Journeyman lineman.
- 5 years field experience in utility or energy industry, or similar field operations.
- 3 years prior experience in training, mentoring and/or supervising, or equivalent education and related work experience.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements that affect the specific craft area of focus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, coach and develop diverse employees.
- Ability to provide hands-on training.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related field.
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Use of training development tools/software.
- Knowledge of PALMS or other learning management system.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: February 19, 2017