Company Name: Idaho Power Co
Phone Number: (208) 388-2965
Job Title: Technical Advisor – Distribution Designer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: January 9, 2017
Salary: $81,744.00 – $98,446.40
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Idaho Power Co is seeking a Technical Advisor Distribution Designer. The selected candidate:
- Applies technology to solve business problems by supporting and maintaining the Electronic Distribution Work Order Mapping System, ensuring availability, accuracy, and interoperability (AUD)
- Ensures system development, design, and interfacing to meet the Customer Operations Business Unit’s needs
- Maintains expertise on distribution construction methods, material standards, and oversees mapping design data audits
- Provides technical support to Distribution Designers, and Engineering work groups
- Provides written guidelines, training, technical support, and oversees the Distribution Work Order Design Mapping System
- Using vendor-supplied documentation and business process knowledge, maintains an understanding of system data and relationships to other business unit owners and vendors of third party software to resolve application process issues and problems
- Counsels support personnel and users with application usage, trouble-shooting, upgrades, and testing
- Investigates and analyzes business unit system requirements, assesses new technology, prepares proposals and specifications, develops and documents system design and functional specifications to implement improvements.
- Extensive knowledge of utility distribution design, construction practices, and construction manuals
- Personal computers to include configuration of printers and plotters, software installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Practical experience in GIS mapping and design technology
- Instruction techniques and adult learning methods.
- Use of personal computers and software such as Microsoft Access and FrontPage.
- Work Order Design System software to include Asset Suite, ArcFM, and AUD (specifically the Work Management and Design modules of Asset Suite, and AUD data configuration modules) and other support software tools
- Organization system administration, adult training, technical writing, and record keeping
- Communicate effectively
- Coordinate across business units and personnel
- Express oneself verbally in an adult teaching environment
- Apply confident interpersonal and professional skills
- Lead and facilitate meetings and project teams
- Meet deadlines
- Research, develop, design, prepare, organize, and schedule system projects
- Conduct training
- Attend and participate in on-going training and technical seminars and conferences which may require traveling outside the Idaho Power service territory with occasional overnight stays
- Occasionally requires traveling to present system training
- Occasionally perform duties outside normal working hours.
Education: High school diploma or GED
- Two years work experience as a Senior Distribution Designer or an equivalent senior/expert level electric utility line design role.
- Prefer: Four years work experience as a Sr Distribution Designer and a minimum of two years experience in Line Construction as a Journeyman Lineman.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record based on driving requirements for the position.
- Developing Others, Building Strategic Working Relationships, Communication, Coaching, Work Standards, Planning and Organizing, Gaining Commitment, Information Monitoring, Continuous Learning, and Meeting Participation.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at: Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: January 20, 2017