Company Name: Okanogan PUD
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 13, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
Public Utility District No. 1 of Okanogan County is seeking an Engineering Manager. We are committed to provide dependable, not-for-profit public utility services governed by, and for the benefit of, our customers in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
Position is open until filled.
The System Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering and Operations and is responsible for: assisting in and performing distribution system planning; assisting in and performing substation, transmission, and distribution design; operation of electrical system; engineering studies and projects; technical support; engineering standards and specifications; and performance of other duties as required. This person will work very closely with other System Engineers, Construction Design and Operations personnel.
B. Essential Functions
- System planning: Responsible for working with Construction Design and Operations on planning and design to ensure efficient, safe and reliable operation of District substations, transmission and distribution facilities.
- Assist with and perform substation, transmission and distribution system design: Work with the Construction Design and Operations to identify system improvement projects. Interpret scope and requirements of projects, develop alternatives, economic evaluations, evaluate environmental impacts, recommend action, implementation and project management.
- Operation of electrical system: Determine voltage control settings, relay settings, equipment sizing. Review operation of system to ensure adequate delivery voltage and equipment operates within ratings. Design and implement solutions to electrical system problems.
- Engineering Studies and Projects: Produce system studies, feeder modeling, load flow, voltage, fault current, VAr flow and loss analysis. Design and analyze protection settings and coordination, SCADA, AMR, grounding systems, control circuits and electrical equipment. Work to solve and prevent problems related to customer interface including motor start, harmonic loads and other power quality problems.
- Technical support: Provide engineering support for District employees, residential, commercial, irrigation, and industrial customers. Review and recommend system design changes to ensure proper operation of District facilities.
- Engineering standards and specifications: Specify equipment, engineering and construction practices. Perform detailed engineering evaluation of events, practices and materials. Determine electrical and mechanical requirements for equipment purchases. Prepare specifications and bid documents. Make decisions on purchase and construction practices.
- Ensure compliance with applicable NERC/WECC reliability standards. Work closely with the Districts WECC Compliance Officer to review and implement applicable NERC reliability standards.
- Performance of other duties as required: Includes performing after-hours standby duty; membership on job-related committees; represent District in contacts with general public, developers, contractors, utilities and agencies.
- Travel/unusual working conditions: Attend local and regional meetings as required. May be required to work beyond regular workday and/or on call, as in the event of an outage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent school and appropriate work experience.
- Professional Engineer’s License in the State of Washington or the ability to obtain a Professional Engineer’s License within four years of the hire date.
- Four (4) years electric utility experience.
How to Apply:
Please see www.okanoganpud.org for job description, requirements, and to submit application with resume. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: July 13, 2016