Company Name: Snohomish County PUD
Phone Number: (425) 783-8655
Job Title: System Operator
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: System Operator
Posting Start Date: September 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Works with the operation of the District’s transmission and distribution system ensuring delivery of continuous, reliable, efficient, and safe electrical power to all District customers in coordination with other Northwest Utilities. Reports to and receives direction from the Lead System Operator (LSO) and Energy Control Center Superintendents.
- Monitors and operates computerized systems for transmission, substations and distribution system and initiates appropriate response to ensure reliable, efficient, and safe operation.
- Issues switching orders to clear lines or equipment for maintenance or repair. Upon completion of work, restores service. Maintains records of all clearances issued.
- Coordinates appropriate District personnel in emergency response, switching activities, isolating system problems, repair and restoring service.
- Records hourly actual and scheduled deliveries and sales, compares hourly telemeter quantities from the Energy Control System (ECS) during the absence of the Power Schedulers
- Answers and coordinates responses to customer concerns after hours, police & fire departments, and 911/SNOPAC dispatch centers.
- Completes training on the Energy Control System to be able to: Maintain computerized hourly energy accounting records and advise when system scheduling limits are being approached. And, forecast daily and hourly system loads in order to identify the optimal level of resources to schedule.
- Maintains proficiency in Energy Control Center computer applications and all associated software.
An Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans
Minimum Qualifications: Successful completion of the District’s System Operator Apprenticeship Program OR Three (3) years System Operator experience at an Electric Utility; CPR and First Aid Card.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Interested individuals should complete the online application and submit cover letter and resume at www.snopud.com under Careers by 11:59 p.m. on October 11, 2017.
Visit our Web site at www.snopud.com!!
Posting End Date: October 11, 2017