Company Name: Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 524-2841
City: Baker City
Job Title: System Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: August 7, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Engineering Department is responsible for the short and long-term system planning for the cooperative, as well as day-to-day engineering. This includes general engineering duties as well as special projects of a technical nature. This position contributes to the responsibilities of the department by assisting in planning and implementing the cooperative’s work plans. May include supervision of union and non-union employees. This position works alongside the other System Engineer. A full position description can be viewed at https://www.otecc.com/careers.
OTEC has 80 employees and four district offices serving over 30,000 consumers located in eastern Oregon. Surrounded by national forest lands, our service area is known for its excellent hunting, fishing, skiing, and other outdoor recreational activities. OTEC offers a competitive pay and benefits package.
Applicants must have the following education/experience to be considered:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required, with an emphasis in power system studies preferred.
• Possess or can obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
• Oregon Professional Engineer registration or EIT/FE completion.
• Supervisory and Project Management experience would be valuable for this position.
• Experience working for an electric utility is strongly preferred, including knowledge of basic utility operation, common line material and equipment, economics, and NESC code.
• Experience supervising, coaching and developing employees.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter with application and resume to HRTeam@otecc.com, or mail to the attention of Human Resources, PO Box 226, Baker City, OR 97814. The OTEC employment application is available at https://www.otecc.com/careers or by request at any local OTEC or WorkSource Oregon office. This position is open until filled and the first review of applications may begin as soon as August 14, 2018.
Posting End Date: October 5, 2018