POSITION SUMMARY: Dispatch the operation of transmission and distribution station facilities and lines in the designated area, to include switching and clearances. Maintain the following: transmission and distribution maps and records, switching and hold records, and crew location records. Dispatch trouble and emergencies. Provide direction to the dispatching staff when necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Dispatch the operation of transmission and distribution station facilities in the area, adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and the designated accident prevention/safety manual, as directed by the System Protection Engineer or designated representative, to include but not limited to:
- Configure, dispatch and direct all system switching, holds and clearances and maintain the logs and files for written records of said work. All work to be performed in accordance with F.E.C. safety manual.
- Maintain maps and records ensuring accurate and complete information regarding the configuration of the transmission and distribution facilities throughout F.E.C. service territory.
- Trains all Apprentices, with the assistance of the Journeyman employees, in accordance with his/her job description keeping in mind the different learning styles of employees.
With the goals of the organization consistently in mind, oversee the activities of the dispatching staff to include, but not limited to:
- Oversee and designate the daily activities of the dispatch staff to ensure the successful completion of all assigned responsibilities.
- Provide training for new and existing staff ensuring each employee is trained thoroughly and is given every opportunity to be successful in his/her position.
As system operations questions and/or problems arise, works with various F.E.C. staff to find the most effective solution.
Works professionally and effectively with foreign system utilities (i.e., BPA) on transmission grid switching.
As is needed, will back-up the Dispatcher and assist other department personnel with appropriate questions.
Responds to duty calls as soon as possible, day or night, seven days a week, to correct the problem and/or restore the service through dispatch.
As time allows each day, spend time reviewing, learning, etc. on the duties and decisions of the position in order to promote greater working knowledge.
When performing all responsibilities, is efficient, timely, accurate, and confidential. Constantly reviews work assigned to establish proper priority to meet the individual needs/deadlines of each task/project.
Always assist members/vendors/employees and the general public in a courteous and professional manner ensuring their continued satisfaction with FEC. Work in harmony and show respect to all fellow employees in order to promote an effective and pleasant working environment.
Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor regarding situations requiring immediate attention, problems/concerns, questions, etc.
In pursuit of zero workplace incidents, promotes and maintains a positive safety culture while adhering to all applicable policies outlined in the Safety Manual. Reports all incidents and potential safety hazards in a timely manner to supervisor or Safety Resource Officer.
Become familiar with and keep current with F.E.C. objectives and applicable policies.
Performs other duties as assigned by management applying the same skill and enthusiasm as with regularly assigned responsibilities.