Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Supv/Mgr of Risk Mgmt & Treasury Operations
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: June 12, 2018
Salary: $92,732 - $115,915 DOQ
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and direct the District’s Risk Management and Treasury Operations Programs to protect the District’s assets from exposure to unnecessary risk or loss.
The District is seeking a professional applicant to fill the position at either the supervisor or manager level. The successful candidate will be placed appropriate to their education, certifications, experience and ability to perform the position accountabilities.
Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Ensure a prudent and appropriate level of debt consistent with the financial goals of the District to meet operating/capital needs by administering short-term and long term debt issuances, including structuring, sizing, issuance and redemption of District borrowings.
- Protect and monitor the District’s cash flow by daily managing the cash position and investments of the District.
- Contribute to the District’s positive credit rating and efficient banking activities by developing and maintaining close and open relationships with rating agencies, banks, lending institutions and the financial community and providing contract management for the District’s banking services, merchant services, and line of credit.
- Contributes to managing and mitigating the District’s risk exposure by providing independent oversight of the power trading activity and the Enterprise Risk Management program, and reviewing the daily operations for potential risk exposure.
- Ensure the District meets its statutory requirements by serving as the District Treasurer, and preparing and presenting financial plans and forecasts consistent with the financial goals of the District for liquidity, coverage, risk and debt to Senior Management and the Commission.
- Ensure the insurance requirements of the District are met by identifying the types of insurance needed, the amount of risk to be retained, the amount to be covered by insurance policies and participate in PURMS and provide direction for procurement of needed insurance policies.
- Facilitate the District’s strategic planning and implementation by managing and directing the annual budgeting process.
- Ensure the District’s retail rates are in alignment with overall strategic direction by managing and directing COSA model maintenance, cost of service studies, and rate design.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Supervisor: 5-7 years experience in treasury, finance and/or accounting with increasing levels of responsibility, including at least 2 years in a leadership role overseeing similar work
- Manager: 8 years experience in treasury, finance and/or accounting with increasing levels of responsibility, including at least 3 years in a leadership role overseeing similar work
- Masters degree in business related field preferred
Strongly prefer at least one certification in the following: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or other similar certification; Masters degree in business related field may be substituted for certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Treasury operations including banking, investing, cash management and debt management
• Finance and accounting principles
• Identification and analysis of risk exposures and insurance management tools
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple objectives
• Flexible, organized, and forward focused
• Strong analytical ability
• MS Office, including advanced knowledge of Excel
• Excellent communication skills
CREDIT CHECK REQUIREMENT: This position requires a credit check as a condition of employment. The selected candidate will be offered the position contingent upon review of credit and determination of suitability.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application. Internet access can be obtained through public libraries or a local WorkSource office. WorkSource will also offer application assistance and in the Tri-Cities is located at 815 N. Kellogg Suite D in Kennewick.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posting End Date: June 25, 2018