Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Supervisor V, General Foreman (R18-305)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 23, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 5, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Supervisor V, General Foreman (R18-305)
The Supervisor V manages one or more groups of highly technical bargaining unit employees in Meter Services and Field Operations. Employees are engaged in various activities related to revenue collection within Customer Service Operations.
You will support our journey by:
- Oversee the safe and effective/efficient day-to-day operations of functions supervised.
- Direct bargaining unit employees and resolve issues associated with resources, personnel (including labor relations), safety, and major projects.
- Evaluate and strategically plan for training requirements to accommodate new technology, and cost efficient operations for long-term competitiveness.
- Review and follow up on reports and documentation, including timesheets, IT access reports, expense reports, time off requests, work orders, invoices, and apprentice reports.
- Respond to employee questions and direct staff in completing work orders.
- Develop and implement apprenticeship and/or training rotation schedule. Oversee overall apprenticeship program (if applicable) or training program.
- Ensure compliance with all Collective Bargaining Unit (CBA) requirements and provisions.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- College degree in business, IT, or electrical engineering (electrical engineering strongly preferred) plus 8 years of progressive experience supervising in a technical or mechanical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of experience leading journeyman (foreman, lead, etc.) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license plus safe driving record.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PGE’s Electric Service Requirements, National Electric Safety Code (NESC), National Electric Code (NEC).
- Comprehensive knowledge of all PGE and Oregon OSHA safety rules.
- Basic knowledge of incident investigation procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of meters and electricity.
- Working knowledge of PUC meter and billing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Union agreements with PGE.
- Working knowledge of PGE operating departments and corporate support organizations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools and equipment used in PGE meter operations.
- Working knowledge of tailboard process and risk mitigation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Working knowledge of continuous process improvement.
- Knowledge of change management principles.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-305. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: June 5, 2018