Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Supervisor V, Dispatch (R17-461)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: September 22, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 9, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Supervisor V, Dispatch
Supervise the Repair Dispatch Department by ensuring emergency calls are addressed in a safe and efficient manner, outage response and restoration times are minimized, and crews are dispatched effectively. Leverage existing and evolving technologies that improve dispatch operations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detailed knowledge of PGE’s T&D system operations.
- Detailed knowledge of the OMS, ARCOS, and ZETRON Radio systems.
- Thorough understanding of computer systems and various applications used by Repair Dispatch (Maximo, ARM Scheduler, Field Manager, AMI, and AVL).
- Working knowledge of PGE-IBEW agreement, applicable safety rules, and utility construction standards.
- Ability to oversee computer improvement projects to ensure end-user functionality.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical principals and concepts.
- Knowledge of company budgeting and accounting practices.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions, influence peers, and negotiate with others.
- 8 years of utility experience specifically in T&D operations or engineering.
- T&D construction, design, operations, or engineering experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Effective leadership and human relations skills.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-461. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 9, 2017