Company Name: Coos-Curry Electric Coop
Phone Number: (541) 332-8835
City: Port Orford
Job Title: Substation, Relay & Metering Electrician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Electrician
Posting Start Date: May 22, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 4
Work Time Type: Days
The Substation Relay Metering Electrician provides effective and efficient operation, testing, and maintenance on energized or de-energized substations, metering equipment, relays and related devices.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
- Within the limits of the Cooperative’s established policies and procedures:
- Assist in planning and scheduling substation, metering and relay maintenance.
- Install, test and troubleshoot complex meters, relays and special equipment.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on recloser and regulator controls, protective relays, revenue meters, telemetering schemes, substation control systems and various kinds of substation and distribution system monitoring and control equipment.
- Uses test equipment to determine response of meters, relays, telemetering and other equipment.
- Uses technical documentation as required for maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Maintains test equipment in good, safe working order.
- Conducts various tests, such as contacts and connections, tracing and testing circuits, testing oil, testing for gas leaks, filtering oil and overhauling equipment on a regular maintenance schedule
- Takes clearances on energized equipment and ensure that electrical equipment is properly cleared and grounded.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings to become aware of safety rules and regulations and to help assure that safe working practices are followed and a safe working environment exists for the individual, fellow employees and consumers.
- Keeps fully informed of established state and national electrical codes and keeps up to date on required testing and licensing to assure that the Cooperative is meeting the necessary regulations and requirements.
- Educational requirements for Certification as Journey Electrician must be maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Technical Ability.
- Communication Proficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Journeyman Electrician License required or sufficient recent training and/or experience in metering/relay trade which can be evaluated as giving the skills and knowledge required to perform the duties of the position.
- Licensed for the state of Oregon as a General Journeyman Electrician or the ability to acquire the Oregon state certification within six months required.
How to Apply:
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting End Date: June 21, 2017