Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Substation Operations Support Assistant (R16-298)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: June 1, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 9, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Substation Operations Support Assistant
This position performs a variety of varied and complex clerical and administrative functions in support of the Substation Operations department. Requires the ability to work independently and interpersonally with a variety of people; making decisions with minimal direct supervision. Also requires creativity; problem solving abilities; excellent human relations and communication skills, (both oral and written). Requires working knowledge of CAD, PeopleSoft, PowerPlant, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and SharePoint.
- Typically a two year degree plus up to four years of experience applicable to the work responsibilities.
- Advanced clerical skills and thorough knowledge of computer applications such as CAD, PeopleSoft, PowerPlant, MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), MS Projects, and MS SharePoint.
- Excellent organizational and human relationship skills, with strong ability to work with a variety of people: internal clients, customers and external vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent writing skills, knowledge of grammar, spelling and business correspondence composition.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Familiarity working with engineering as-built drawings and operating one lines diagrams.
- Self-motivated, follow directions within established procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate policies, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of corporate budgeting process and reports.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R16-298. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: June 9, 2016