Company Name: Inland Power & Light
Phone Number: (509) 747-7151
Job Title: Substation Maintenance and Metering Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: August 9, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Empower your future. Inland Power is looking for the best and brightest talent. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team committed to safe, reliable service at great rates.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide effective and efficient operation, testing, maintenance and construction activities on energized or de-energized substations, metering equipment, relays and all other related devices in a safe and workmanlike manner. To maintain and repair new and existing installations of electrical apparatus and CT metering; industrial, commercial, and residential. Investigate and troubleshoot power quality issues and make recommendations for correcting the problem. To prepare accurate reports on all equipment, devices and instruments maintained and repaired. * All references to perform “energized” work within this position description are 600 volts or less, unless qualified for high voltage work.
- Substation Maintenance and Metering Technician I
- Journeyman lineman or electrician certification or sufficient training and/or experience in substation/metering/relay trade which can be evaluated as giving the skills and knowledge required to perform the duties of the position.
- A journeyman meterman certification is required. Otherwise qualified candidates must obtain a journeyman meterman certification within two years of date of hire or will be deemed unqualified.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Substation Maintenance and Metering Technician II (Mandatory – within two years of date of hire)
- Meets requirements of substation maintenance and metering technician I and possesses a journeyman meterman certification or equivalent.
- Substation Maintenance and Metering Technician III (Voluntary)
- Meets requirements of substation maintenance and metering technician II and possesses a National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) substation technician journeyman certification or equivalent.
How to Apply:
Please visit Inland Power’s website at www.inlandpower.com/careers for a full job description and application. If your credentials and interest match this job, please send your completed application, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail them to, Inland Power & Light Company, 10110 W. Hallett Rd., Spokane WA 99224-7435, Attn: Human Resources.
Inland Power and Light Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting End Date: August 30, 2018