Company Name: PacifiCorp
Phone Number: (503) 813-7178
Job Title: Substation Journeyman
Number of Openings: 2
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: November 7, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
PacifiCorp currently has an opportunity for a Substation Journeyman. Journeyman Substation Wireman has a working knowledge of substation equipment, apparatus, and wiring.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Install, maintain, test, adjust, troubleshoot and repair substation equipment which includes, but is not limited to transformers, regulators, load tap changers, circuit breakers, circuit switchers, motor-operated and manual switches, bus work, wiring, battery banks and chargers, and substation structures.
- Operate substation equipment, including switching and grounding.
- Perform testing on substation apparatus such as power factor, transformer turns ratio, megger, ductor, battery load testing, oil sampling, and other analytical tests as assigned.
- Consistently maintains and provides a safe working environment, following safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, actively maintaining and accident-free work place.
- Physical requirements may include working in confined spaces and in elevated work areas such as heights from ladders, structures, scaffolds, buckets and boom trucks.
- May work independently or with others, occasionally work long hours during emergency conditions, and be responsible for tools, test equipment, and vehicles.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a substation journeyman or a journeyman presently enrolled in the substation journeyman training program in good standing
- Must complete the substation journeyman training program.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Posting End Date: December 6, 2016