Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Substation Electrician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Electrician
Posting Start Date: May 10, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
||The primary purpose of this position is to construct, operate, maintain and repair substation equipment and devices.
|Accountabilities and Essential Functions
||1. Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
2. Responsible for contributing to safe operations by completing assigned work in a safe, efficient manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations.
3. Ensure District system reliability by repairing substation equipment and devices including transformers, regulators, reclosers, and sectionalizers.
4. Responsible for ensuring District system reliability by operating, conducting maintenance and repair of distribution equipment.
5. Contribute to safe working conditions by conducting electric tests on District equipment and tools.
6. Responsible for ensuring District system reliability by operating and using test equipment and devices in construction and maintenance of substations and line devices such as power factor test, hi-pot, and Transformer Turn Ratio (TTR).
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Satisfactory completion of an approved substation electrician apprentice program, Substation Electrician-In-Training program at the District, or equivalent related work experience.
- Primary residence within 20 miles of Headquarters
LICENSING OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Journeyman certification in Substation Electrician craft
- Must possess and maintain a Washington State Class “A” CDL and associated Medical Examiners Certification or obtain within 12 months of hire
- Must possess and maintain flagging/traffic control certifications and valid First Aid and CPR certification cards or obtain within 12 months of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Intermediate computer skills or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability to climb substation structures and ladders
- Excellent communication skills
- Prefer experience with hot-stick use
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use personal/laptop computers and associated applications
Must pass the District’s test for Substation Electrician Journeyman.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: May 16, 2016