Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Substation Electrician Journeyman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Electrician
Posting Start Date: May 17, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to construct, operate, maintain and repair substation equipment and devices.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Responsible for contributing to safe operations by completing assigned work in a safe, efficient manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure District system reliability by repairing substation equipment and devices including transformers, regulators, reclosers, and sectionalizers.
- Responsible for ensuring District system reliability by operating, conducting maintenance and repair of distribution equipment.
- Contribute to safe working conditions by conducting electric tests on District equipment and tools.
- Responsible for ensuring District system reliability by operating and using test equipment and devices in construction and maintenance of substations and line devices such as power factor test, hi-pot, and Transformer Turn Ratio (TTR).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Satisfactory completion of an approved substation electrician apprentice program, Substation Electrician-In-Training program at the District, or equivalent related work experience.
- Primary residence within 20 miles of Headquarters
LICENSING OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Journeyman certification in Substation Electrician craft
- Must possess and maintain a Washington State Class “A” CDL and associated Medical Examiners Certification or obtain within 12 months of hire
- Must possess and maintain flagging/traffic control certifications and valid First Aid and CPR certification cards or obtain within 12 months of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Intermediate computer skills or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability to climb substation structures and ladders
- Excellent communication skills
- Prefer experience with hot-stick use
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use personal/laptop computers and associated applications
Must pass the District’s test for Substation Electrician Journeyman.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD website (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Posting End Date: June 14, 2017