APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 29, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Substation Electrical Engineer R16-215
Perform the functions of a Substation Electrical Engineer Level I by providing sound engineering solutions to complex problems. Develop designs for new substations and retrofit of existing facilities. Provide technical support to construction crews on department designs. Develop substation automation and SCADA (automation) designs using MicroStation CAD (or similar CAD program).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, with emphasis in power systems preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Work toward receiving the F.E. and P.E. certifications required
- A basic understanding of RTU/PLC
- MicroStation CAD or similar program experience
- Understanding of conceptual SCADA designs for new and existing facilities
- Support transmission and distribution planning with:
- Power circuit breakers and circuit switchers from 15kV through 230kV
- Distribution and bulk power transformers
- Transmission and distribution capacitor banks
- 15kV metalclad switchgear
- High voltage air-break disconnect switches
- 115kV Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Develop a high level of engineering proficiency within the field of specialization
- Develop technical knowledge of all current techniques, applicable codes, and
- regulations with respect to substation design
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING