APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 5, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Substation Design Technician (R16-214)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in engineering and prior experience in design and drafting experience required. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience using CAD software in a design environment; background in Microstation is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical, civil and mechanical systems and subsystems.
- Thorough knowledge of the practical drafting application of engineering science and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment selection, application and procurement.
- Thorough knowledge of design concepts, design problems research and troubleshooting methods and techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication and human relations skills (for project coordination).
- Demonstrated presentation skills preferred.
- Applicable knowledge and skills obtained through OJT and classes.
- Ability to design large and complex projects.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple project responsibilities.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL JOB POSTING