APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 28, 2018
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
This is a union position. In order to be considered for this position, you must be a current member of IBEW Local Union.
DUTIES: (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Work under the supervision of Head Storeroom Person, Head Material Person to support functions/operations of the Storeroom.
- Keep stock properly labeled, receive, check and sort material in Storeroom
- Issue and return material, supplies, and tools to line crews, vendors, and other clients..
- Use hand tools in the assembly and disassembly of materials.
- Sort, recondition, and restock material in salvage area.
- Operate vehicles, such as forklifts, small trucks, and pickups.
- Enter data into the Storeroom Material Tracking System.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required)
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Possess or acquire PGE forklift certification within probationary period.
- Preplacement medical examination and physical capacity testing are required. During the probationary period following reassignment to any job, at least two progress reports will be completed. These reports will be discussed with the employee by his/her immediate supervisor, and copies of each will be given to him/her.
SELECTION WILL BE MADE WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR DISABILITY, AS LONG AS CANDIDATE IS ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL JOB POSTING