Company Name: Consumers Power, Inc.
Phone Number: (541) 929-8502
Job Title: Storekeeper
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Warehousing and Purchasing
Posting Start Date: June 1, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: Mon-Thurs 4x10
Work Time Type: Days
The Storekeeper works independently and collaboratively with others performing an integral role in executing CPI’s commitment to providing safe, reliable electricity to our members and exceptional service to our internal and external customers. A Storekeeper is expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards.
The Storekeeper is directly responsible for handling and tracking all material through the Philomath and Lebanon warehouse. The Storekeeper assists the Material & Facilities Manager with activities related to the Philomath and Lebanon warehouse material and electrical equipment inventory stocking levels. This position also provides warehouse material support after regular business hours as needed.
- Receives material shipments and inspects shipping papers and goods for accuracy and damage and completes supplemental documentation as necessary.
- Inspects, safely operates and maintains various types of material handling equipment and power tools (e.g. flatbed trucks, trailers, boom trucks, forklifts, carts, dollies, etc.) Assists delivery drivers by loading and/or unloading trucks using powered equipment/tools as necessary.
- Prepares outgoing packages securely for shipment and completes all necessary documentation.
- Stocks shelves, material bins, warehouse racks and yard, while maintaining a clean and safe facility.
- Operates material tracking software applications, checks schedules and sends/receives emails and notices for business communications.
- Maintains a keen awareness of the operations job schedule and manages time to pick material efficiently. Selects and packages material from the warehouse to issue to maintenance and construction crews for both scheduled and unscheduled work.
- Accurately maintains all documentation related to material transactions, issued and returned, and promptly processes paperwork to ensure accurate work order accounting and an accurate material database vs. actual inventory, including wire lengths, pole counts and transformers.
- Inspects condition of material returned to determine if it’s suitable for reuse or recycle.
- Maintains an accurate warehouse and yard inventory at multiple locations. Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies. Perform periodic inventory control audits.
- Inspects and maintains all equipment and tools kept in the tool storage room in safe working condition. Promptly repair or replace damaged or unsafe tools or equipment.
- Coordinates shipping, testing, distribution and record keeping of all insulating rubber goods to ensure they are safely maintained within Oregon OSHA standards.
- Ensures that the garage, stockrooms, warehouses and gates are locked and secured as necessary.
- Participates in training programs to develop related job knowledge and improve technical skills.
- Be available to respond to requests to perform Storekeeper duties any time of day or night in any weather condition. Responds with sound judgment to unusual and potentially hazardous circumstances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibility:
- This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- The nature of the work requires that the individual is able to respond for after-hours call out, arriving to the shop within 30 minutes.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of directly related work experience.
- Valid Oregon State Driver’s License w/CDL Class A endorsement with a good driving and safety record
- Valid Powered Industrial Truck (forklift) Certification
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the proper use and care of tools and equipment used in power line construction and maintenance. Understand and demonstrate a working knowledge of all CPI, local, state and federal safety rules and work practices that apply to material handling and storage in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills to courteously deal with co-workers, other Coop employees, contractors, delivery drivers and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships and perform as a productive team member.
- Ability to deal with stress and make decisions quickly and calmly especially in times of emergency.
- Ability to accept and adapt to change.
- Honest, ethical, loyal, respectful and accountable for one’s actions.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be punctual and regular in attendance.
- Represents CPI in a manner conducive to good public relations.
- Machines, tools, equipment, products and material used in an electric utility warehouse environment (e.g. flatbed trucks, boom trucks, material trailers, reel trailers, forklifts, battery charger, hand trucks, pallet jacks, dollies, carts, ladders, multi-layer storage racks, power tools, hand tools, chainsaws, etc.)
- Operates portable, mobile two-way radios.
- Subject to outside weather/driving conditions. Performs a variety of strenuous tasks outside with temperatures varying from below zero to over 100 degrees, sometimes in rainy, windy, snowy, or icy conditions.
- Exposed to chemicals used to treat poles primarily through skin contact. Exposures may include creosote, pentachlorophenol or keminite.
- Exposed to numerous types of pollen, depending upon location, season or climatic conditions. May also be exposed to bee/wasp stings.
- Responds to after-hours call-out, day or night, in all weather conditions.
- Regular work hours are 4×10, Mon – Thurs 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 75 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Climbs portable and fixed ladders and stairs
- Climbs in and out of forklifts, boom trucks, flatbed trucks and other vehicles.
- Subject to outside weather/driving condition.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may apply on-line via our website at www.cpi.coop
Consumers Power Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons including disabled and Veterans, women, racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and persons of all ages to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, please call (541) 929-8502.
Posting End Date: June 30, 2017