Company Name: Eugene Water and Electric Board (EWEB)
Phone Number: (541) 685-7467
Job Title: Station Wire Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: September 16, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Eugene Water & Electric Board is seeking a Station Wire Technician to assist with installing, operating, testing, repairing and maintaining high voltage electrical equipment in and around substations and generation stations. The technician will make regular visits to substations to perform inspections and monitor security. Ensure that equipment is operating properly, respond to alarms, look for potential problems, take readings, and perform switching.
This position is subject to the terms, conditions, and benefits of EWEB’s collective bargaining agreement with the IBEW Local 659.
The first review of applications will begin on Friday, September 30, 2016.
As a member of the substation department you would be part of a highly skilled team responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of EWEB’s generation, transmission and distribution substations. You would work closely with systems and maintenance engineers to improve designs and resolve operational issues. The substation team plays a critical role in ensuring the reliable delivery of electric service to EWEB’s customers and has the opportunity to influence future design of EWEB’s transmission, generation and distribution substation facilities.
EWEB offers employees a progressive working culture devoted to providing excellent public service. Our employees work in a fast-paced environment where creativity, innovation, involvement, teamwork and professional development are supported and encouraged. EWEB is also committed to providing a work environment conducive to the safety, health, and well-being of its workforce, and offers great benefits, including but not limited to health care, vacation and sick leave, pension, holidays, an on-site fitness center, credit union and a child development center.
EWEB takes pride in our commitment to diversity and inclusion among our employees. We embrace and value differences of culture, education, experience, physical ability and unique perspectives in our workplace. We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to diversity. Attracting, retaining and advancing talent from all sources strengthens our bond with the multifaceted community we serve.
· Experience: A minimum of three years as a Station Wire Apprentice/Technician. Electrical Utility experience preferred.
· Education and/or training: Successful completion of a three-year approved Station Wire Apprentice course. Demonstration of continuing education preferred.
· Oregon driver license: Yes Type: Class A CDL or ability to obtain with tank and air brakes endorsement within 12 months.
· Professional license or registration: None
· Post-offer background check required: Yes
· Post-offer drug test required: Yes
· Post-offer physical / functional test required: Yes
· Safety Sensitive Position: Yes
· Next step in normal progression: None
· Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: Must maintain proficiency in basic math and electric principles taught during apprenticeship, and continue to learn and stay current with new equipment, materials and procedures in the industry. Must obtain a First Aid/CPR card, and Crane Operators card. Must obtain an Oregon Class A commercial driver license with tank and air brakes endorsement within 12 months. The Class A CDL driving permit must be obtained within three months.
How to Apply:
For additional information and to apply for this position please go to: http://www.eweb.org/jobs
Posting End Date: October 14, 2016