Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Standards Engineer II/III
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: January 3, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 29, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Distribution Engineer II/III
Portland Service Center
Perform the functions of a fully competent Standards Engineer by providing engineering solutions to complex problems while minimizing costs and maximizing reliability. Provide engineering expertise in a broad range of assignments relating to transmission and distribution standards including: overhead/underground distribution design; construction practices and materials; transmission line design, construction practices, and materials. Recommend improvements in the areas of transmission and distribution (T&D) standards, operations, maintenance, and materials.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited engineering program preferred).
- Minimum two years of experience of responsible engineering experience required, five or more years of experience preferred.
- A Professional Engineering license required.
- Knowledge and experience in operation and maintenance of PGE T&D (or similar) system desired.
- Proficiency to review, evaluate, and analyze technical information, policies, and reports.
- Effective in reviewing, evaluating and analyzing semi-complex technical information, policies, and reports.
- Broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of concepts and systems related to transmission and distribution.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Valid driver’s license.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-479. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: January 29, 2018